Thread: to buy or not to buy

Default to buy or not to buy

Ok, so its between a professional second hand broasdcast JVC dv700 camera (which is fantasic quialty and widescreen) or a HDV camera (the sony or jvc to keep up with the times)

In my personal opionion i think the broadcast camera beats the sony and jvc HDV cameras out there even though its SD! (unless you go really high up the range which is expensive!) The price difference between the broadcast and HDV is not much!

What do you think?
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

I suppose it comes down to what your long term intentions are? The HD format is great and I'm sure we'll all be watching it in a few years time. Can you see any other benefits other than the obvious between one format and the other? I used was it a DY5000 or DV5000 I can't remember as my head is still spinning from all the controls on it at the start of the year, it was like sitting in the cockpit of a Russian military aircraft and being told to fly the thing (scary).

Although the professional cameras are slightly more difficult to control i still think they are better than cameras such as the sony z1 and the jvc hd100. It seems that these cameras are just not as good as other standard definition cams which means they are being over rated.

I know this is the case as i have just been trying both the HDV cameras and a JVC 700 (broadcast) and there is a big difference in quality!
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb