Thread: Paragliding / Snowboarding videos

Default Paragliding / Snowboarding videos

This is a film I shot a couple of years ago on a Paragliding trip with my twin brother, in France. It is 13 minutes long, streams at 195Kbps. It is wmv format

This is another paragliding film, this time shot in Switzerland. There wer lots of acro pilots pulling crazy moves. (2minutes 5 seconds)

This next one is a bit daft. It is basically my mate skiing/snowboarding in a gorilla suit (3 mins 35 seconds)

Blog Entries

Welcome!

You *need* a bullet cam. Your paragliding footage is screaming out for an onboard shot spiralling down to earth.

I reckon you need to get closer the action too - so close that the guy almost lands on top of you (at least it'll look like that at the end of your optical zoom). Stick the cam on a tripod and zoom right in as the guy flys over your head.

Yeah I have a bullet camera already (how else could I get the shot that is in my signature...), but it is now broken. I do have on board shots spiralling down to Earth..

Trouble with filming this stuff is that it is not rehearsed, so you have to be ready to get something good. Flying while filming is not easy. Two minutes fiddling around with batteries tapes and wires can lose you a couple of thousand feet.

I know my edits need to be a lot tighter too, but you only see this when you come back to a project after a long gap.

I will be working on some footage from this year when I get my new hard drive sorted out.

Thanks for the comments Marc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paragliding
    Yeah I have a bullet camera already (how else could I get the shot that is in my signature...), but it is now broken. I do have on board shots spiralling down to Earth..
    Oh yer