Thread: Need software that will...

Default Need software that will...

Hey, I have a quick question the sooner you can answer me the better.

I need video editing software that will allow me to add subtitles to a video. Im a total noob at this stuff and I have a video project I have to finish pretty soon.

Blog Entries

Any video editing software that can add titles. Pretty much any software really - take your pick from Pinnacle Studio, Ulead VideoStudio, Premiere Elements etc.

Blog Entries

And, of course, Sonys' Vegas.

Even the much maligned/despised Windows Movie Maker will do it - and that came free with your PC (probably - if it's XP, anyway...)
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Most of the above can add titles to your video but in general if you want
    Subtitles such as is needed by people who are hard of hearing .or for audiences speaking a different language .
    You will need to move into dvd authoring with a program such as Ulead DVD workshop or Express . this will enable you add subtiltes to your previously edited video prior to authoring it to DVD.
    It will also enable the subtitle option to be optional ( chosable if you like by to the viewer
    To be honest I have DVDWS and have never used that feature but it is possible;

http://www.ulead.co.uk/dws/compare2.htm

For simple titles and always on subtitles as featured in video cds any decent NLE software including the above mentioned freebee with winxp will do!
    Where greatness is possible excellence is not enough