Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speculative stab at new PC

Blog Entries

Default Speculative stab at new PC

Anyone have any thoughts on this setup?

click link for setup

It's a lovely looking spec, and at that price, very tempting. Wonder why do they've bothered to list raptors?

Blog Entries

I already have two in my existing PC that I'm going to use

No floppy drive then, Marc? Also, for very little money, another DVD drive for copying? Otherwise, it looks fabulous. Although: how about a nice Creative breakout box with remote control and front panel firewire? And a nice TV capture card - you never know when you might want to 'import' something from the TV. Or you could watch TV waiting for a bloody render to finish...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Blog Entries

Haven't used a floppy drive for years (only when I set up SATA drivers). I've got an ADVC100 for analogue capture and output, and a multimedia PC on my desk connected to a widescreen LCD.

Blog Entries

Tempted to buy from a system builder as its approx the same price with a monitor!

What you need, Mr. Peters, is to get married and have several children so that you can stop making those of us who are thus encumbered so bloody jealous...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

Blog Entries

To be perfectly honest, I simply can't see myself in a relationship in the forseeable future...

And if I could afford what you've got, I'd be seeing my future in much the same way... Now, must go - time to cook the children's dinner before my wife gets back from seeing my daughter at college (OK, then, Oxford... ) which is going to cost me 15k or so over the next three years...

Blog Entries

Ian, it REALLY doesn't have to cost a fortune to send your kids to Uni. Although I studied before the advent of tuition fees, I went through uni with no debts whatsoever - and my parents would agree that they spent nothing like 15k (they wouldn't have affored it).

Each year I earned upto the Lower Earnings Limit and paid no tax. I did this by working full time during every break. The best paying jobs are night shifts - I sometimes did a day shift followed by a night shift if it was on offer.

I worked in Safeways for the first year (as I had done since I was 16), then worked for a property development company in my second, and photocopying in the city for the last two. On a good day, I earned 15 per hour.

Personally I find it disheartening when parents pay for their sons/daughters, they don't work and they get into oodles of debt. It's creating a culture of dependance and debt.

I know I'm not one to preach what with still living with my folks, but I do pay to live here

Ian, I know you love your daughter, but I stronly urge you to make a condition of you paying for her to get a job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast