Thread: NVidia GeForce3 ti200 and Video Overlay??

Default NVidia GeForce3 ti200 and Video Overlay??

Anyone else happen to have one of these graphics cards in their PC.

I'm new to video editing and my PC happens to have this card. After a colleague explained the benfits of video overlay and having a TV show the preview in Premiere I eagerly thought I'd try it out but I came across a big hurdle.

Has anyone managed this with this card?

It has a vide out but the setup for devices has what looks like a radio button to choose between my monitor and TV and DV Out connections. With only the monitor option enabled I haven't been able to do much.

Does this card run in an either/or mode and not send video overlay down to the TV out. The setup screen reads like 'which device do you wish to show your Windows desktop on'. I've found nothing helpful (so far) on the NVidia web site.

I was hoping that I've just not got some options set right. Any advice anyone? Anyone got this happening?

Cheers

Alan

Blog Entries

I've had a couple of Nvidia cards, all with the same result: you either choose the monitor or TV output. With TVtool I've managed to get a mirrored/dual display, but the refresh rate of the monitor has to be set so low to be compatible with the TV (you can only set a uniform rate), that the display is quite frankly awful.

Added to this, the screen is merely mirrored, so it doesn't really help for preview! For true suppory you really need a card from Matrox:

http://www.videomaker.com/scripts/ar...=9583&GU=le929

Well, that certainly agrees with things I managed to find on the web and read (nothing in the manual of course!!!). Also, I spent a long evening yesterday, attemtping to install updated (and even older) version of display drivers to try to get this working. I even dragged a TV over and connected it just in case it needed to 'detect the presence' of the TV connection to wake up.

Well, all I can say is thanki goodness for System Restore points in XP Pro, that's all

Thanks for the reply. It has helped me realise it isn;t just me then.

Of course, with an Athlon 1800+ based machine 2.5 years old now so an old timer (even with a 1Gb or RAM) I'll upgrade the whole box before investing in a new card. I'd then likely put one of those jolly old Matrox RTX.10 (or 100) cards in it and do the job properly.

Cheers

Alan