Thread: Adding an image over video (that moves too)

Default Adding an image over video (that moves too)

Alright, me and my friends want to make a cheezy movie, where we film one of my friends wandering around in a hot dog costume, speed the video up real fast, and have an image of Sonic the Hedgehog chase him around (you know, like a chili dog? on the old Sonic tv show?), oh, and we put the old theme song to that show over it.

So, I have no clue where to start on how to get this image over the video. I have access to Adobe Premiere Pro, and Pinnacle Studio 8 (old). I'm not sure if either of these programs can do this, and if they can't, I'd appreciate if someone could mention a program that could do this. Oh and we aren't expecting anything high quality, the cheesier and crappier done the better.

Thanks!

Default Re: Adding an image over video (that moves too)

Quote Originally Posted by Mit Man
    So, I have no clue where to start on how to get this image over the video. I have access to Adobe Premiere Pro, and Pinnacle Studio 8 (old). I'm not sure if either of these programs can do this, and if they can't, I'd appreciate if someone could mention a program that could do this. Oh and we aren't expecting anything high quality, the cheesier and crappier done the better.

Thanks!
    This sounds like you are asking someone to teach you the basics of editing. If this is so, no-one will help as it shows you have not looked up enough stuff on ur own first. There are pleanty of free turorials on all editing packages out there so use google to find them and give it a go yourself first.

What you want to do is classed as compositing which is an advanced editing technique.

Learn the foftware you want to use then look up its cropping, panning and masking capabilites.

Even that's a good answer for me >.> Was really just looking for anything. But I seem to have found a function that can possibly do it in AfterEffects, gonna look for info on it.

after effects will do it easy