Thread: Canon xm2

Default Canon xm2

Hello

I am considering taking the plunge and buying a Canon XM2 camera. I currently use a Panasonic NV GS120 which doesn't seem a bad bit of kit but I'm sure that the XM2 will be better. I have seen them advertised for about 1400 which doesn't seem a bad price for what you get. Does anyone have any idea what they are like for low light work. My main usage will be for wildlife work (something which appears to be somewhat limited with the panasonic). I have also recently been involved with making a promo video for my company and agaion the Panasonic fared well but I think that the XM2 would have done better. Any reviews or other advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Dell Dimension 2400. Pentium 2.8 GHz Processor. 1GB RAM. 75 GB HDD. 160GB Seagate USB2 External HDD. 17\" TFT Monitor. Canon XM2. Panasonic NV GS 120. Adobe Premiere 6.5. Adobe Premiere Elements.

Ken

Is this a different questioin from this one?

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtop...ghlight=#24405

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Oh goodness, in the same forum and everything!

Be easy on him PJ, he's just trying to be extra extra sure.

I just thought it was hilarious that Ken had forgotten he had asked.

Good on you Ken you cheered us up.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc

:(

Yes it is the same question and yes I had forgotten that I'd asked and yes I am trying to be extra extra extra sure. My problem is that I am now the wrong side of fifty and senile dementia is setting in rapidly. Perhaps I ought to forget an xm2 as it will probably be too complicated for my failing mind.

However, if it cheered you all up that was my good deed for the day and hopefully I'll get to heaven.

Cheers all

Ken
    Dell Dimension 2400. Pentium 2.8 GHz Processor. 1GB RAM. 75 GB HDD. 160GB Seagate USB2 External HDD. 17\" TFT Monitor. Canon XM2. Panasonic NV GS 120. Adobe Premiere 6.5. Adobe Premiere Elements.

Don't let the wrong side of 50 get to you Ken. I'm fifty and bought an XM2 this year, they are great!

Thanks a lot, I'll try not to let it get to me. I've made the decision now to get one and will order it next week. Thansk to everyone for their advice

Ken

Blog Entries

You won't regret the decision Ken. If you don't want to mess around with the settings, it's as simple as pressing the big red button to stop and start recording . You won't be dissapointed and I hope to see some of your videos!