Thread: Adobe Encore Playlist woes

Default Adobe Encore Playlist woes

I am building a DVD of our trip to China. I have an AVI of all the video we shot and an AVI of all the photos. I went through and divided up the timelines for these Assets into chapters. Then I created playlists for the chapters. I want the DVD so I can click on the Beijing button and only see Beijing video or photos and when it is done come back to the main menu, not continue on to the next chapter in the timeline. The buttons are linked to the playlists.

I set the End Action for the playlists so they will come back to the main menu:default, but they don't! I remember now that I had this same problem when I was doing our Viet Nam DVD, so on that one I brought in separate AVI's for each 'chapter'.

Any clue what I am doing wrong? I tried setting the end action of the playlist to several different menu buttons and menus, but it seems like it is just being ignored.

Thanks in Advance,
    Greg

Although Encore should do all of what you are describing I've always forund doing it the way that you are, is problematic for Encore. It is sort of the easy way to author it.

What I'd suggest for a more stable DVD is to split the movies in to sections then use encore to link ur separete movies.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

I guess that is what I'll do...

Thanks for the info,
    Greg

To do what you want you will HAVE to create different timelines for each of your 'chapters'. As far as I know there is NO mechanism in the DVD standard to set an 'end action' for the end of a chapter. i.e. no way of saying at end of chapter return to menu. The best you can do is specify 'return to menu' at end of timeline.

This is NOT an Encore problem you are facing.