Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first music video

Default My first music video

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions on my post about the location etc, Please bear in mind that this had virtually no budget, Someone came to us on a monday with the idea and the video was shot the following Sunday, it took me about 3 long days to edit. Id really like to spend another 3-4 days tidying it up, Id also like to put a 24P or film effect over the whole thing, maybe if I find some time Ill come back to it.

There are loads of bits I dont really like, and the motion tracking on the keying could be alot better but I rushed it!

Any advice is always appreciated, although I doubt Ill have time to actually implement any changes on this particular video, hopefully may help the next one though! (Ive chopped some stuff off the end which is why it ends a bit weird...

www.cmsu.co.uk/tokyodawns_3.wmv

Wow Love it! Especially the filter that you used to make it all blue and black

I agree that perhaps the first bit could be cleaned up slightly, but it's a great job
    http://www.studioxpro.com

:.: StudioX Productions :.:
    Dedicated to low-budget film-making

This is what I really like about this forum. I remember the original thread and all the tips and the advice that was given. Now we get to see the end product. I really liked it and thought you matched the editing style really well with the music. I also really liked the end shot when she walks away from camera.

Well done.

PS. It also helped that she was very easy on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    PS. It also helped that she was very easy on the eye.
    Agreed
    http://www.studioxpro.com

:.: StudioX Productions :.:
    Dedicated to low-budget film-making

Heyyyyy dude - Excellent job. The feel and look are fantastic. It rolls well, at no point does it lag it's great!! Really nice work!

I have 4 very minor points not essential but just twaeks!!!

1:10- Croud shot: Push the contrast to match that of other material.
    1:36- As above
    2:05- CU of Girl in crowd - This shot is one of the few full colour shots but i think again the contrast needs pushing as its a lil soft - crush those blacks, will give it more edge.
    3:09 CU guitar solo - if u have a shot of the guy playing the notes on the fret board as opposed to just picking the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    Heyyyyy dude
    LOL, you sound like one of those dads trying to sound cool to his high school son or daughter.

CMS, I can't wait to see what you can do with a bigger budget! It still looks a little amateurish and I think you realize that but if you keep making these music videos you'll have that all polished out in no time. Nice work, man.

Blog Entries

Excellent CMS.

The screen on the PSP is still a bit dodgy which you already know about but apart from that terrific stuff. Very gritty feel and top marks for girl selection.

My only nit picky comment would be whay does she put it back on the floor at the end? I think I would have had her look around, slip it into her waistband, cover it up and then walk away. (like she wants to keep the experience with her)

Very, very good though.

Thanks guys!!!

Turnmedia... I WISH I had thought of that ending at the shoot...would have made such a difference... As you can imagine the whole thing was a bit rushed!

BigBadWimp... Thanks mate! and yes Id love a bigger budget! All the little things really add up, better kit, cameras etc...and more importantly longer editing time to tidy up the loose edges and really push the effects a bit more.

Mark... Thanks mate! Absolutley agree with all the points, it was made for watching on the PSP and its surprising how different those two crowd shots look on the PSP compared to a PC... I SO agree with the guitar solo, I was ABSOLUTLEY gutted when going through the rushes theres no decent shot of the guitar solo...Given that the song is called "Yesterdays Riff" that part of the song is probably the most important!!! hey ho...

Seymore... Thanks again... Most of the effects were magic bullet presets... I used the black and white crunch with blue tint strong... I think Punchy at the beginning... Id really liked to have played with the beginning more... I dont like the colour of the floor needs to be much richer colour.

I really enjoyed doing it and cant take credit for the steadycam work as it wasnt me!

And boys.... She was 13

Quote Originally Posted by CMS_Edit

And boys.... She was 13
    Ehhhrr...... when I said she was easy on the eye I was referring to the really older looking one in the audience. The rest of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS_Edit

And boys.... She was 13
    Ehhhrr...... when I said she was easy on the eye I was referring to the really older looking one in the audience. The rest of them should be ashamed of themselves.

LOL!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast