Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Movie

Default New Movie

I've been testing out my new steady cam and my group made a quick movie. Unfortunately due to our schedule we can only shoot at night so it has to be indoors and I really need to learn lighting techniques. If anyone has any references, please feel free to share.

See if you can guess what TWA means before the movie ends.
    Let me know what I need to work on, thanks.

http://www.livewireart.com/twa.wmv

Blog Entries

Hey, really good results. Funny vid too.

You could improve it a lot by upping brightness, then contrast to fill it out -but this won’t solve it. The background is better defined than the actors.

Using a powerful flood (bounced - ie, pointed 45 degrees up to a white ceiling) in small room interiors can make a big difference.

Weaker lights can be thrown directly onto your actors, but only if you put a diffuser in front, like semi-translucent paper. Be careful of hot lamps!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    You could improve it a lot by upping brightness, then contrast to fill it out -but this won’t solve it. The background is better defined than the actors.

Using a powerful flood (bounced - ie, pointed 45 degrees up to a white ceiling) in small room interiors can make a big difference.

Weaker lights can be thrown directly onto your actors, but only if you put a diffuser in front, like semi-translucent paper. Be careful of hot lamps!

But as a demonstration for the homemade steadycam it proves it works well.

My apologies to both of you. I thought he was asking about lighting, as well as demonstrating the steadycam.

Oh I was also asking about lighting, thank you very much for your advice. I'm going to do some research on flood lights and see where they can be obtained. Anythings game when it comes to my posts, I will always have something new to learn

TWA is an airline, I think it was owned by Howard Hughes.

If you want good information on lighting, just go to the library, and get a book on it...

or google lighting, here is a good site..

http://www.lonestardigital.com/affordable_lighting.htm

Good luck with the movie..

Blog Entries

Loved the video. It made me chuckle and that's all that counts . I won't bore you with a critique of your technique, because I think with practice you'll get an eye for composing your shots better.

TWA? Well my guess was teenagers with attitude. I was wrong.

I love the whole Idea, and I love the shot with the eyes panning at each other, very kill bill 2...

...good job...

Troy

Default Good stuff!

Just finished watching the clip. Terrific editing and acting... those blokes aren't shy infront of a camera are they :p Yeah, the lighting issue/s was the killer there. In some scenes, it appeared you had more light illuminating from behind the actors going toward the camera, rather then having the lighting behind the camera.

Good build up, cool twist... can't wait to see more!

Craig
    Aim for the moon, if you miss... you\'ll eventually hit a star.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast