Thread: Recording Wildtrack

Default Recording Wildtrack

Always try and record ambient sound when you are out videoing. If you are at the beach or a seaport or fishing port is near to where you live, record a minute or two of the 'atmosphere'. Amusement parks with lots of differnet rides again record a few minutes of the ambient sound, stand in your back garden and record birdsong. While in town record sounds of the High Street, traffic, people talking, a clock striking, a police or ambulance siren going past etc and the same when you go on holiday. The same applies to a railway station, record the general atmosphere and then wait for a train to come down the track (it might be easier to record in a small railway station going by the events of the past few months). Always look out for opportunities to record audio with your camcorder as well as pictures. Just put the lens cap on and rest the camera on a level surface or put it on a tripod to avoid handling noises and time a minute or two on your watch. Logging what you've just recorded is very important as it will let you see in a week or months time what you've got. The other thing to remember while 'on location' is the wind. Even if it's just lightly blowing it will be magnified many times if it hits the microphone on the camera, so try and find a sheltered place or put your back into the wind to protect the mic. And don't talk to anyone who approaches you until the recording is over.

Blog Entries

What pisses me off the most is when some idiot comes up and starts chatting to you. . Thanks *buddy* you just ruined my shot!

yes.. in italy recording a sun set this french git comes up right infort the camera :cry:

I can always be guaranteed at a wedding shoot, christening or whatever one of my relatives will come up to me and ask if I'm recording it. No, I just have this strange obsession of standing beside a video camera that everyone saw me putting on a tripod for hours at an end.

Blog Entries

Last wedding the photographer came up to me to ask for a lift to the reception as I was fliming the bridal car leave.