Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Windows Movie Maker OK

1. Default Is Windows Movie Maker OK

Since buying my first miniDV camcorder (Sony HC22E), I have been using the software that came with the camcorder (lots of programs each doing a bit of the process - e.g. two USB streaming programs messy) and also I had a play with Adobe Premier Pro at a friends house.

Also I have had a play with Windows Movie Maker and that to me seems OK for what I need to do. Which is make a DVD for play on a TV.

I just want to keep it simple, stream in the video, do a little bit of editing add some titles and burn a CD DVD (until I get a DVD writer).

Now my question is Windows Movie Maker the one I should use, streaming in seems easy and editing seems to have all I need.
    Premier seems a lot more than I need.

Many thanks for your input,

Graham

Movie Maker is a fun little program even if its the basest of the base editing programs. If you're just looking to do simple editing with simple effects and titles then by all means go with the free program. Don't be afraid to download trial versions of other programs though. Ones like Premiere Elements aren't that difficult compared to Movie Maker. And you might like the extra stuff you can do with it. Besides, when you have a resource at your fingertips like these forums with plenty of knowledgeable people waiting to help you out, why not try something different?

It depends what your dong. I would sday for the odd family video its great. For the "im doing a full 1.5 hrs movie" its CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeD
    its CRAP!
    Hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeD
    It depends what your dong. I would say for the odd family video its great. For the "im doing a full 1.5 hrs movie" its CRAP!
    Not quite how I might have phrased it but this is correct. If like most of use here you enjoy the hobby then you'll do much better finding some software that you can 'grow into'. WMM might well do for what you want right now. However, I guarantee that two months (or less) down the line you will want to push things further than WMM will allow.

My personal recommendation, just like BBW above, would be to try the evaluation version of something like Adobe Premiere Elements. It will give you tons more scope and be able to get you past the first two weeks.

Just my 2p

6. Default

I used it a fews years ago and moved on, its a real good staring point to make home movies

Use it learn it all, and if you feel you want to do more then move on to the above.
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    My personal recommendation would be to try the evaluation version of something like Adobe Premiere Elements.
    Yeah, it sounds a lot better when you say it.

yes..i sopose it does :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    My personal recommendation would be to try the evaluation version of something like Adobe Premiere Elements.
    Yeah, it sounds a lot better when you say it.
    Hmm, reading it again it does read a little like I'm trying to steal your thunder. Now editted pushing the credit firmly back where it's deserved. Apologies. Friend's again?

*sniff* I've always thought of you as a brother, Alan! *sniff* Of course I forgive you!!!!

...or were you talking to Luke? If so then... um.... I thought we fired you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast