Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick help needed.....! Presentation tonight!

Default Quick help needed.....! Presentation tonight!

Hi there, Its taking me a while to get used to Premiere Pro 1.5 as I have been using Premiere V.6 previously.
    I'm having a few issues and I haven't got time to search the forums as it needs to be complete by tonight!
    Firstly when I play my edited project (which was originally created in version 6) through the TV it keeps changing aspect ratios randomly?
    Secondly, I realise that you can't export to screen anymore if you want to playback your project full screen on the PC your working on??
    Can someone tell me the best way to export my project through a projector output to be displayed at this presentation later on? I don't want to turn up and have issues with putting it through the projector... can anyone help please??[/b]

Double post sorry

Hey...hs your cam got DVin/Out?? it has THen:Previewing on another monitor

You can display the sequence on any monitor connected to your computer. Previewing on another monitor requires video hardware that provides an appropriate video port for the preview monitor. Some video-editing cards and operating-system software products support a preview monitor independent of the desktop, and others support a preview monitor that is contiguous with the desktop so that it can also function as additional space for windows and palettes. See the documentation that came with your video-editing card and operating-system software.

If you're editing a DV project, you can preview the sequence on a television monitor via your IEEE 1394 connection and DV camcorder or VCR. You can set up this option using Adobe Premiere Pro's built-in settings.

To preview on a monitor via a DV camera or deck:

1. Choose Project > Project Settings > General, and click the Playback Settings button.
    2. For Video Playback, check Play Video on DV Hardware if you want to preview video through the DV device to a television monitor. Video still appears in the Program view, but may look staggered. Leave the option unchecked to view video in the Monitor window only.
    3. For Audio Playback, choose the options you want:
    * Play Audio on DV Hardware previews audio through the DV device to external speakers only.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware plays the audio through the computer's hardware and speakers. This includes external speakers connected to your computer's sound card only.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware While Scrubbing, when checked, plays the audio through the computer's hardware when you drag the current-time indicator in the Timeline window, use the Program view's jog disk or shuttle slider, or drag its current-time indicator.
    4. For Real-Time Effects, choose an option:
    * Playback on DV Hardware and Desktop displays real-time playback on both the computer's monitor and through a DV device to a television monitor.
    * Playback on Desktop Only displays real-time playback on the computer's monitor only.
    5. For Export to Tape, choose an option:
    * Play Audio on DV Hardware plays audio through the DV device when exporting.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware plays audio through the computer's hardware and speakers during export.

TipThere can be a slight delay between the playback on the desktop and the playback on a television via a camcorder/VCR. If the video and audio seem out of sync, try to preview both video and audio through the same device.

Default camera

Camera has only got DV out not in - doh!!

Default projector

Will I be able to show the DV project if I just connect the projector to the laptop or will I have issues?

well..you could exprt to AVI and then show full screen in windows meda player..real one play or winamp somethink like that

Default size

Does the AVI export have issues with size as the preentation is 20min long and about 20GB - oops?

mmm..the render would take about 30minuets

Default thanks

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes.....

Default any other formats by the way?

If the AVI doesn't work is there any other formats I can try and use or any ways of reducing the size of the project?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast