Thread: Aerial Video - Search for the Ancient Geysers..

Default Aerial Video - Search for the Ancient Geysers..

I definetly know that I need more in air angles. I've got a few ideas and will work on them in the near future. Be warned, there is a little "over the top" intro of the stars....especially yours truly!

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=trike20050917

Enjoy,

Damien

Blog Entries

Hey Damien, I think this one is much better than the first. Much more variety of shots etc. Really nice job.

You should sell these to the Discovery Channel.

This isn't criticism in anyway but, rather, an observation. I was just thinking about how your choice in music can change the whole mood of this video. The music you have now gives it this great adventurous quality of searching remote parts of the world but if you would take a different song with the exact same video then you could give this sense of urgency and danger (in a sense, not that this video's a thriller or anything ).

Default Was great

Well firstly, let's all just remember that this is supposed to be amature... what I just watched borders on semi professional editing... very good! It's great to hear another Aussie accent on this UK site, so cheers again.

There is nothing to suggest when viewing this clip with "amature" in mind...

If you did want to take another couple of steps towards semi-professional video, I believe the narrator/voice-over needs to be improved... you could do it again with beter sound recording equipment? It takes a bit of practice when narrating to correctly round the words etc... so i believe that's the next thing to work on for ya... but you're miles ahead of my skills, so good work!

craig
    Aim for the moon, if you miss... you\'ll eventually hit a star.

Default Re: Was great

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrazau
    Well firstly, let's all just remember that this is supposed to be amature...
    Are you saying we're being too harsh?? People should post here expecting some constructive criticism and we should all give that criticism in an effort to help people become as "professional" as possible with the resources they have available at the moment. I mean, strictly speaking, I could give the guy a dollar for that and make him a "professional" (in the loosest sense of the term).

turnmedia -> thanks for the feedback. Yes more shots is key and luckily we had a beautiful moon here the last couple of nights so I could get a few nice ones on my TRV950. Wouldn't mind one day working on something such as the "discov channel" as it's really unique area to have the marriage of 2 hobbies, flying and editing. I will be working on new camera mounts in air to have a better range of shots.

bigcrazau -> also thanks for the feedback. I do agree with the sound quality of the narration. If you hear it on head phones it's not nice. I have some old mic I plug into my PC and use Sound Recorder to get the voice (yep, 60 second limit!!!) I could run it through some noise filters, but already I spend a shit load of time on these and have a wife/kid to contend with as well!

If ever you look at some of the old videos I did on the website with a camera strapped to the back seat, you'd all laugh, that is definelty amatuer'ish!!

If you like the Oz accent, you can hear me narrating a short one of my son - probably more interesting to the female/mother viewer! A little under handed humour in it..

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=spencer

Cheers all,

Damien

P.S. my motto is "if you didnt' make a mistake you didnt' learn anything", so I plan on tons of mistakes