Thread: Component to red white yellow

Default Component to red white yellow

Is there a way to take the three video cables and convert them back to a single yellow? Because I want to use the component input cables for my xbox while still being able to use my regular red white yellow capture card. In other words, I'll split the component signal send it back to my cap card as red white and yellow and the other one to my tv red green blue white yellow. So I get the benefit of hd on my tv while still capturing.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should have titled it component to composite, because I think composite means red white yellow.

Sound like you want Phono-Jack and then plug that into ur sound card and use the video cable straight into ur capture card

You are confusing Component and composite.

The phono leads comming from your xbox are red, white and yellow phono connectors . None of these are component. The red & white leads are Audio cables left and right. The yellow is a composite video lead.

Component is 3/4 leads split into Red, Green, Blue and sync (depending on the equipment being used sometimes there is no need for a sync cable)

What are the connectors on your cap card?

Blog Entries

If I'm reading this right, you have a component xbox cable outputing a HD signal from the XBox to your TV. I can understand you frustration at viewing SD xbox stuff on a large screen.

Assuming you can buy a downconvertor (and I'm a regular reader of the Keene cataolgue and never seen one!), this will then have to output a signal to HD and SD. I can't imagine this exists to be honest. If it did, it would be some kind of switch box which would be $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    If I'm reading this right, you have a component xbox cable outputing a HD signal from the XBox to your TV. I can understand you frustration at viewing SD xbox stuff on a large screen.

Assuming you can buy a downconvertor (and I'm a regular reader of the Keene cataolgue and never seen one!), this will then have to output a signal to HD and SD. I can't imagine this exists to be honest. If it did, it would be some kind of switch box which would be $$$.
    Yah, pretty much that is what I was looking for. I just don't want to have to buy a new capture card for the sole purpose of making movies on my xbox 360 (here is an example of what I do http://www.halo-pro.com/movies/Untou...TheHaloGod.wmv)

So basically with the new xbox 360 it comes with component (red green blue) cables and my current capture card only accepts the yellow video cable.

So... looks like I have to either buy a 20 standard definition cable system for my xbox 360 :( or pay like 600 for a high def cap card...

Unless there is a downgrader out there.

Sorry - Hadn't realised before that you were referring to the xbox 360. Just been reading up on it and the xbox360 will be supporting outputs via component, scart and HD. With the scart going out as composite and s-video. This means you will be able to connect with your current setup but am unsure whether you will need to purchase an extra cable

I don't see how that could be possible (with my current setup) as I'm getting the xbox 360 with the red green and blue cables. So it looks like the only way I can continue what I'm doing is to buy a standard RCA Cable set.

Bummer, oh well. If anyone knows of a downgrader please let me know

Been doing more reading and bloody hell its hard to get any decent info on the 360. Anyway what it's lookin like is that there is only one output terminal on the back of the box.
    Now if yiu've lookd on the XBOX site you will have seen there are a variety of cables to go with it for wither HD TV's or regular analogue TV's. It doesn't say what cables come in the box but I assume closer to release dates this info will be more readliy available. Assume they gonna be scroundgy wankers about it and wont give anything extra away.

So What you can do is: Get the HD breakout cable then you'll need to buy a few extras. Buy some cable T-joints for all the cables on the HD leads. Next u need another 2 sets of HD leads one set goes to the telly another goes to a signal converter (HD-AV) which in turn goes to the PC.

That way you get what u want.

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    Been doing more reading and bloody hell its hard to get any decent info on the 360. Anyway what it's lookin like is that there is only one output terminal on the back of the box.
    Now if yiu've lookd on the XBOX site you will have seen there are a variety of cables to go with it for wither HD TV's or regular analogue TV's. It doesn't say what cables come in the box but I assume closer to release dates this info will be more readliy available. Assume they gonna be scroundgy wankers about it and wont give anything extra away.

So What you can do is: Get the HD breakout cable then you'll need to buy a few extras. Buy some cable T-joints for all the cables on the HD leads. Next u need another 2 sets of HD leads one set goes to the telly another goes to a signal converter (HD-AV) which in turn goes to the PC.

That way you get what u want.
    I don't think I understood what you were saying. But this may help to let you know this:

The console comes with the red green blue video cables (with two audio's (white and red of course). So basically it comes with I believe component video cables. And my current capture card only accepts the yellow video cable. Thats why I don't see how to fix this problem unless I simply buy a rca cable pack for the xbox 360 where I can then use my current setup where I split the signal one ot my tv the other to my cap card.

Tis a shame unless anyone else knows something :(