Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to buy a Mac! Any suggestions?

Default It's Time to buy a Mac! Any suggestions?

Right It's come time for me to buy a Mac of my own. I need to get a Dual G4/5 dual hardcore machine to use FCP as I am having to turn down too may jobs from clients wanting FCP so Anysuggestions as to where to buy?

mm..I willl ask my uncle who is a fre lancer (only found out 2 days ago) because he does lots of stuff in difrent formats.He has a laptop with FCP which is nice to use
    LukeD
    X-x-X

It's seems with Mac you're just paying for the name. It's a novelty. Though I understand with recent job interviews and guys wanting FCP that you would desire a Mac... It's just a pity.

I understand where you are comming from but its a neccesity. FCP has pretty much become the industry standard in the UK rapidly forcing many avid suites to sit idle. It's because of this that I need to get one.

I'd also disagree with you anyway It aint a novelty. Having used Media100 on Macs in other suites for years now and comparing the systems performance to highend pc builds I'd have to say that Macs are better. For one thing you dont need to deal with the arse ache that is windows and the joy of conflicting hardware/drivers. Dont get me wrong Macs do have some probs but they are on a whole far more stable than PC's and can out perform them. The biggest pain in this debate is cost. For the price of one high end mac u could build 2 pc's but even still, for me it comes down to performace. Its just a pain that FCP doesn't come in a PC version but it would probably suck anyway.

You are right saying it's a pity. - The price certainly is. Wont be easy rustling up 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark
    The biggest pain in this debate is cost. For the price of one high end mac u could build 2 pc's .
    That's where my main beef is. You couldn't build your own mac?

As far as I know it's not possible - If it were I'd be on the case as I've buit all my own PC systems for the past 5 years now. Mac have been clever boys!! A mac is a Mac and there is only one brand and its their own. - Bugga!

Oops, I thought you could build it similar to any other computer but just throw a Mac OS on instead. Excuse me for being naive.

dont wory!

Default fcp and ulead

ok im really new to this but i enjoyed reading your posts on fcp which i finally realised was final cut pro! please tell me if ulead video, sony vegas etc are the same kind of package to do the same job. i am building a pc as i cant afford anything like 2500 for a mac. thanks

Default Vegas

I'm using the latest Vegas and it really rocks. Simple to use too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast