Thread: Slideshow

Default Slideshow

I know this is somewhat wide of where we usually are, but it's something my boss just asked me - and me being anxious to please and all...

He wants to copy a bunch of family .jpg's to a DVD but author the DVD in such a way that it becomes, in effect, a slide show once the DVD is inserted into a set top player. He doesn't want to get involved in Premiere etc. as his requirement is very simple and basic. Is anyone aware of a cute - and, ideally, free - piece of software that will enable him to do what he wants?

TIA.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Did you tell him it would be pretty darn easy to do it in Adobe Premiere Elements??? I mean, I don't see how much easier it could get unless there was some program out there for the express purpose of making cute little slideshow dvds and nothing else...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWimp
    I don't see how much easier it could get unless there was some program out there for the express purpose of making cute little slideshow dvds and nothing else...
    well there surely is: http://www.xdownload.it/subcat.asp?idc=3&idsc=145 and lotsa freebies too[/url]

Default Photo Story 3

Microsoft has a free program for XP users called Photo Story 3. Iíve only briefly looked at the program, so Iím not sure how capable it is. Here is a link of some tutorials for it:

http://www.papajohn.org/

James

Quote Originally Posted by svhs
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWimp
    I don't see how much easier it could get unless there was some program out there for the express purpose of making cute little slideshow dvds and nothing else...
    well there surely is: http://www.xdownload.it/subcat.asp?idc=3&idsc=145 and lotsa freebies too[/url]
    I stand corrected.

Thanks guys. Some things to follow up on.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

Blog Entries

Default Re: Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Ian in Northampton
    and me being anxious to please and all..
    Crawler.

Seriously though.. why not offer to do it for him and just charge him twenty quid or something?

Oh yes. I didn't get where I am today by not crawling. (Anyone remember CJ in Reggie Perrin? Probably not, you bunch of kids you...) In fact, the idea went through my mind - but then I thought "Nah...." (Because I'm delinquent on enough projects of my own. A trunk full of 35mm slides to digitise (and I haven't even got a scanner), 200 odd vinyl albums to convert to CD, After Effects to learn, a model railway to finish (the first person to say "sad bastard" gets my toes up their 'arris) etc. etc.

Proshow Gold is fantastic
    http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
    from simple slide shows with transitions to pan zoom with music, out put to:autoplay cd ,dvd. executables, screensavers and even video files whch can be vcd or dvd compliant. It really grows on you if you want to use your digital pics in anyother way than printing them out as photographs
    Where greatness is possible excellence is not enough