Thread: help please with jvc to pc

Default help please with jvc to pc

Hi, i really hope you can help? i got a jvc grd 20 for xmas and have purchased a firewire device and software and cable, my pc recognises the card but when i plug my camcorder in nothing changes and the software does not capture the device..... please help if i spend anymore time on my pc my missus will divorce me. Many thanks

When you installed the firewire card, did you ensure that the Camera was not connected to the card. If it was connected there may be driver problems.

After connecting the Camera to the firewire card, switch the power to Play/VCR.

If the camera is connected correctly it will show under Cameras and Scanners (Assumign Windows XP) as a JVC Camcorder (or Digital Image Device).

You may want to refer to the following post,

http://www.videoeditingforums.co.uk/...ighlight=#1862

Good Luck

Hi, thanks i reinstalled the fire wire card but still nothing do you think there might be a possibility that my camera may be faulty?

Many Thanks...

It is possible that the camera is at fault, although it would be extremely unlikely.

What operating system are you using?

Have you tried the firewire card in another PCI slot?

When re-installing, did you delete all previous drives first?

I don't know what make of firewire card you have but you might find the following site of use,

http://www.adstech.com

Follow the support link, and select Pyro 1394 Products and Pyro 1394DV. On the next page select FAQs and see if the answer ot your problem lies within. Even if you don't have a Pyro Card, the answers on this site should be fairly generic.

Good luck!