Thread: Green Screen Cloth

Default Green Screen Cloth

Hi Everybody,

Does anyone know a good place to get a cloth to use as a green screen? Would like it to be as close to chroma green as possible.

Thanks very much
    All I want to do with the rest of my life is Edit.

Hi

I think I read somewhere that Jessops do background paper rolls, don't know what sizes they come in probably 6 feet by 4 feet. I have a sheet of green material that I got in a drapers shop of all places. It's not the genuine article but if it's lit correctly and you are using reasonably good video editing/compositing software you should still be able to pull off a good matte from it. Having consistent lighting is the key, if you can get your hands on a small light meter and take readings (if your really serious about it) then this is the 'torture' I would go through. Make sure you get rid of any creases and wrinkles as they make life just a tad for difficult.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for your suggestions. I will go to a few places on the weekend. I have just got a program called Ultra by Serious Magic which handles chroma keying. According to the introductory video and some of the tutorials the state of the green screen doesn`t matter (i.e you can have crinkles in it and it doesn`t matter too much about the light and dark areas on it) If the subject is well lit then the program takes care of the rest of it.

Haven`t really used it yet as I don`t have the cloth but once I have messed around with it I`ll post my results and give some feedback on it.

Thanks for the advice, it is most appreciated.

James

I've found that using it outside on an overcast day with the sun behind the screen (so no shadown on the screen) is the cheapest lighting, and apparently i get a near-perfect key.
    http://www.studioxpro.com

:.: StudioX Productions :.:
    Dedicated to low-budget film-making

To Run 4 Cover Productions

Glad I could help, another place to look for cheap blue or greenscreen is your local Tesco or Asda etc etc if they have a bed linen department. I have a king size bed sheet, I think it measures something like 6 feet high by about 5 feet wide and it's in a 'good' shade of blue. I was thinking about getting that software you mention, I'd really like to know how you get on with it.

lol..last time i ATEMPTED to green screen you should have seenthe results

Default Ultra Serious Magic

Hi Nikosony,

Tesco or Asda is an even better suggestion. Just got into work and there is a large Tesco up the road from here so i will go and have look in my lunch break.

So far I have completed all of the tutorials on the Serious Magic website for Ultra but as they say, the best way to learn is to do something yourself.

I have had to re-shoot my footage for the Digital Director contest and fortunately( ) a situation has come up where I need to film a part of my video using a green screen.

I`ll let you know how i get on with it (i`ll do some practice stuff first!!) and hopefully you will be able to see the results in my competition entry.

Cheers

Default Green Screen Attempt

Hi LukeD,

If you still have your first attempt i`d like to see it

What software did you use? Have you done it again since?

So many questions!!!!!