Thread: The Spring Ball 4K

Default The Spring Ball 4K

The Spring Ball - my 4K video about the breeding period of the European common frog (Rana temporaria)

Camera: GoPro Hero 8
    Postproduction: DaVinci Resolve

Blog Entries

Very good! The GoPro images are excellent. Whilst I can understand you wanting to include it all I thought there wasa bit too much of the spring ball itself, burt otherwise the film was informative and concise.

You seem to be present (this wasn't a static camera left pointing at the pond. Were the frogs unphased by your presence?
    There are one or two lovely smooth camera moves - how did you achieve these?

Your script is superb - an excellent use of the English language, poetic, yet accurately descriptive.

I loved the ending too. The underwater shot came as a surprise and added a different dimension.

Well done.
    Tim

Has this been removed ? I don’t see a link to the video in your thread
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very good! The GoPro images are excellent. Whilst I can understand you wanting to include it all I thought there wasa bit too much of the spring ball itself, burt otherwise the film was informative and concise.

You seem to be present (this wasn't a static camera left pointing at the pond. Were the frogs unphased by your presence?
    There are one or two lovely smooth camera moves - how did you achieve these?
    Camera was mounted on the hand-made float. The float itself was controlled with a 3 meters long selfie-stick. So I brought no disturbance to frogs.

Smooth camera movements were created in DaVinci Resolve

Your script is superb - an excellent use of the English language, poetic, yet accurately descriptive.
    Thanks! I tried to bring some poetry into a simple observation

I loved the ending too. The underwater shot came as a surprise and added a different dimension.

Well done.
    This story would be incomplete without underwater footage. I tried to say that the story is not over because it is endless

Many thanks for your review!!!! I'll share more of my movies in nearest future

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Has this been removed ? I donít see a link to the video in your thread
    No, it hasn't! There is no link - video is embedded into the post directly from YouTube.

I guess you tried to watch it from mobile device? I regularly face this issue that it is impossible to watch videos from mobile devices. Try from computer or laptop