Thread: Can anyone recommend a good motorized lazy Susan?

Default Can anyone recommend a good motorized lazy Susan?

Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a great evening

Im picking up my old desire to learn how to make video and have some old gear I can practise with. My plan is to learn by making short product adverts for a shop I'm involved with so they can be used for some benefit if they are any good.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a lazy Susan? There are some cheap ones on Amazon but many complaints of them not being very smooth and catching as they turn which would not work for me.

I dont mind spending some a couple of 100 if I have to but would prefer to avoid it if possible. Ive seen one for about 250 thats strong enough to hold a person but in reality the heaviest products I'll shoot will only be a couple of kgs max.

Thanks for reading!

I've just converted an old turntable I picked up from a flea market Works like a charm to get the right speed I added a friction brake system and I shoot in high frame rates and slow down in post if that's not enough. I think the total contraption set me back around 5 for the turntable and some craft materials.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I've just converted an old turntable I picked up from a flea market Works like a charm to get the right speed I added a friction brake system and I shoot in high frame rates and slow down in post if that's not enough. I think the total contraption set me back around 5 for the turntable and some craft materials.
    Hahaaa thats genius!!

Thanks so much, I know where Im heading tomorrow

Haha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I think we need a video of this in action (and if you have time, a "how to")
    Tim