Thread: Purchasing methods

Default Purchasing methods

I have had trouble in the past with Adobe Premiere Pro payments. I want some comparable software where I can purchase the software outright or purchase a years subscription outright and have the debit card removed from their system.

I am purchasing for my son's hobby. He has a learning disability and is really great with filming and video editing, but not so good at managing money. It's not so much the cost itself but having no control or ability to limit or manage the cost.

Adobe premiere Pro is what he is used to, so we need comparable, but we want to move away from it because it's too easy to rack up additional contracts and costs when you have a disability, the licensing mechanism and payment mechanism are linked and there are so many products and 12 month contacts available under the one mechanism. Very few online retailers recognise legal power of attorney or provide any mechanisms to support it. PayPal such a major organisation were absolutely atrocious and has literally no idea at all about the legal rights of power of attorney in helping someone with their finances so they could do things in their life without getting into financial difficulty.
    Last edited by hardya; 12-30-2021 at 11:47 AM.

2. Default

Maybe try one of those virtual card services. They'll generate a temporary debit card number that can't be charged repeatedly.

I have never heard of those. Are they kind of like a cash card. Can't retailers identify what they are and not accept them?

Quote Originally Posted by hardya View Post
    I have had trouble in the past with Adobe Premiere Pro payments. I want some comparable software where I can purchase the software outright or purchase a years subscription outright and have the debit card removed from their system.

I am purchasing for my son's hobby. He has a learning disability and is really great with filming and video editing, but not so good at managing money. It's not so much the cost itself but having no control or ability to limit or manage the cost.

Adobe premiere Pro is what he is used to, so we need comparable, but we want to move away from it because it's too easy to rack up additional contracts and costs when you have a disability, the licensing mechanism and payment mechanism are linked and there are so many products and 12 month contacts available under the one mechanism. Very few online retailers recognise legal power of attorney or provide any mechanisms to support it. PayPal such a major organisation were absolutely atrocious and has literally no idea at all about the legal rights of power of attorney in helping someone with their finances so they could do things in their life without getting into financial difficulty.
    Hi hardya, I recently tried da Vinci resolve. There are two versions one is totally free ( no catches) the other is a one off payment.

I’m a long time user of Premier and found the layout and look of Resolve very similar.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Hi hardya, I recently tried da Vinci resolve. There are two versions one is totally free ( no catches) the other is a one off payment.

I’m a long time user of Premier and found the layout and look of Resolve very similar.
    +! for the recommendation of Resolve. However a slightly different experience here - I never got on with the layout and look of Premiere (although, admittedly i didn't try it for more than 30 days several yhears ago) but have no problem with Resolve!
    However it is quite resource hungry so make sure you PCV meets the specs.
    Tim