Thread: Green Screening.

Default Green Screening.

I have read thru a few green screen post but have yet to stumble upon what I am looking for. I was wondering is it possible to green screen yourself (IE your video of yourself) into a movie? When I say movie what I mean is this. The table scene in Pirates of the Carribean where he ask her to eat the apple. I see them do this on TV and the characters always look out of place but alot of times this is comedy TV so they might want them to look out of place. Any input is appreciated.

BC

Yeah, it should be possible. If you've got the scene you want as a movie file on your PC (probably best converting it to DV first) you should just be able to put the greenscreened image of you on the track above and fiddle around with keying to get the effect!

Ahh cool thanks......I have the image on pc already. I will give it a shot.

bc

post us the results

Hi,

It should be possible, if not a little taxing! Its pretty simple to do the traditional "weatherman" type green screen especially just head and shoulders... but to greenscreen you into a table in Pirates of the carribean would be pretty challenging, you'd probably need to set up a huge green sheet and hang it from the back over a table etc and try and replicate the scene (IE table/chair postition) then give it a go... the lighting is key...

Aftrer effects gives some fantastic results combining old 2d images with new video, you can really "place" people or images in the 3d environment...

Indeed let us know how you get on!!!