Thread: How To Edit Artwork/Graphics Out Of A Video Downloaded From Youtube?

Default How To Edit Artwork/Graphics Out Of A Video Downloaded From Youtube?

Hello everyone!

This is my 1st official post here as I'm a newbie who's just getting into video editing. I only know some basics here & there; that's it. But I am a quick learner though. Not sure if I will take up video editing in the future like as a job or whatever, but currently this is actually for a project I'm working on.

Anyway, the title kind of states it all: I want to know how one would edit art/graphics out of a video that was downloaded from Youtube? 🤔 In case you were wondering, the videos themselves don't contain regular video footage; it's only music, but I'm wanting to remove the artwork & any animations/graphics from them. But I'm not sure how I would go about doing so. [Considering I'm a newbie, I would very much appreciate someone providing me with a guide or some steps, etc.] I would appreciate the best software/tools for the job you guys can recommend/suggest! BTW, be sure to check my profile as that gives some info on the pc I have, my video editing software of choice, etc.

If anyone needs more details or if i simply forgot something, just be sure to let me know & I'll get back with you!
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2. Default

What end product are you looking for, an audio file?

I was VERY clear in what I described: I wish to remove the art/graphics from the videos I downloaded from Youtube; I simply want just an audio file to remain. [But please do remember that I'm not sure what tool/software I should use for the task or how to do so.] Hope that makes sense so you can help me.

4. Default

Sorry, wasn't sure if you wanted the visuals out so you could put other visuals in.

You might be able to open it in software like Reaper and export an audio file. I could do it in Vegas Pro, but that costs money. Most video editors could do it.

Technically I do since I'll be adding artwork of my choice to fit the themes of the songs. So that's basically my goal here. BTW, is Reaper a free program by chance? �� I'm thinking I might have heard of it, but not sure if I'm confusing it for something else...

6. Default

Reaper is free to try, and the fully functional demo continues to work after the trial period, but with a 15 second nag screen. It's a DAW (digital audio workstation) with some basic video editing features. Free software that does more video editing includes Shotcut and DaVinci Resolve.

Blog Entries

Or use a video downloadedr that allows you to just download the audio. (eg ClipGrab)
    Tim

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Or use a video downloadedr that allows you to just download the audio. (eg ClipGrab)
    Something along those lines would be most efficient. No need for it to be a video file until you're done putting your own visual content on it.