Thread: winmpg help

Default winmpg help

usng it to convert some mov files to avi so I can create a dvd from that. but the converted video is far darker than the original. is there anything I can do to fix that? the converting settings are below:

codec: indeo video 5.10
    no change size checked
    frame rate 25.000fps
    audio type: mp3 lame
    sample rate: 44khz
    also the converted video quality is kinda crappy

these are vids from a digital camera, but the converted vid is about 25% darker than the original.

Blog Entries

Try doing it uncompressed or using a DV codec for starters.

ooook, but what do i need to do? n00b here. the whole reason why I'm converting to avi is that i have pinnacle studio 9 and it only accepts avi/mpg(?)

not to be an arse, but I need help quick, by this weekend please, i'm new to all of this, thanx

Blog Entries

Use FAQ number 10 in the FAQ here: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

so yer saying to use VirtualDubMod and the pan. dv codec to convert the mov and/or wmv files to avi?

10) Editng MPEG and other highly compressed video sources - you can download a video of this guide.

Blog Entries

It won't with MOV no. But download the Panasonic DV Codec and encode to that using the convertor you do have.

thats weird as hell. converted a mov file to avi with the winmpg. when the avi file plays in media player 10 (and pinnacle, which is what I plan to use to burn to DVD), it looks much darker than the original mov file. but in virtualdub, it looks fine, WTF?

by the way, d/l & installed that codec, but what do I do? the codec doesn't show up in the winmpg codec list