Thread: Canopus ADVC110 and JVC SR-DVM70

Default Canopus ADVC110 and JVC SR-DVM70

Hi everyone

I am having problems finding out how to connect the JVC dv/hdd/dvd recorder to my canopus advc110 digital video converter. Is there anyone able to help me by telling me which cables to use and where to insert them? I have tried everything without any luck - I can't get the signal from de recorder into my PC.

Thanks

B

The main thing is you dont need top connect it to the cannopus. - I assume you have the cannopus connected to the PC via a firewire which means ur PC has a firewire port - plug the camera directly into the PC's firewire. - Its bad practice to go through a converter as it slightly disrupts the signal.

If you wanna go ahead and do it anyway a 4pin to 4pin Firewire cable is what u need.

Blog Entries

Mark's right. If this JVC dv/hdd/dvd "thing" is a firewire device, connect it straight to the PC. Could you give more details regarding the JVC dv/hdd/dvd device?

Blog Entries

Ok, just googles the JVC SR-DVM70. Yep, connect that straight to your PC!

Hi everybody.
    I got some trouble connecting SR-DVM70 to the PC. Systems asks me driver twice, and I cannot understand why.
    Once connected the firewire, the system recognize the JVC SR-DVM70 machine, and a 1394 DV Camcorder driver is consequently installed;
    Later the system find an additional "Media". However the system install the same 1394 DV Camcorder driver, and its generate confusion.
    Any advice?

Blog Entries

Hi Wando.

Everyone is right of course, but getting back to the Canopus, it will probably be the dip swich array that will be wrong. Check your manual and make sure they are set correctly. This little error on my part caused me some worry to begin with. Note - It's not just the analogue/digital switch on the top that needs setting.

Another thing with the Canopus is this. NEVER connect or disconnect the firewire while its switched on! It can cause a spike internally and is one of the main reasons they can pack up.