Thread: Impoting jpegs into AP - some skewed

Default Impoting jpegs into AP - some skewed

I need to get a series of jpegs into Adobe Premiere which I will transfer to VHS tape. This is a simple enough procedure except that some photos (of the same size) look horizontally compressed when imported to AP.

I am scanning photos with Microsoft Photo Editor (Windows XP) which brings up the Canon scanning window - Scan/Crop/SaveAs. Using this routine on the same sized original photos I am getting varied results when importing them into AP. They all look fine until AP gets hold of them.

Anyone know the answer please?

Julie

Sounds like Premiere is stretching to fit your video resolution. Is that the default). If there is no (and I can't offhand remember the exact wording) 'preserve image ratio' like there is for video clip then the best I can suggest is to resize/clip your JPG images to the appropriate resolution before importing them.

This is what I do and I have yet to have any sorts of issue.

Hi Millsy

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the trick was to right click the jpeg on the timeline and choose Video/Maintain Aspect Ratio.

Julie

I have noticed if an image is fat and needs Maintain Aspect RAtio ticked to correct it, it get black bars either side of it on the monitor. These black bars are not there if the image stays "fat".

How can I get rid of the black bars please so the images fill the screen in my slideshow?

Julie

Same thing as watching a 4:3 picture on a widescreen TV withouth any zooming eh?

Well, I'm sure that Premiere's zoom functionality/effect will work. Hopefully the zoom will be applied tothe original image and not the visible one.

However, I'm not talking from personal experience. the couple of occasions I've included still images I've used Photoshop to ensure I have the resolution and framing I'm looking for.

Alan