Thread: Need new software similar to NCH

Default Need new software similar to NCH

Hi,

So I'm not a video editor, but when I started with NCH, I had to start learning how to split pieces from a video, add an image at the front, add some music for the image, cut it to fit, add another video outro at the end & add transitions in between the pieces & audio fade-outs.

I'm quite proficient in that now, but the problem now is that NCH suddenly stopped working properly.

I'm paying monthly for their software & tech support, their tech support is terrible even if they do respond very fast.

They don't understand English most of the time & they always refuse to tell me what to do telling me to look the instructions up on their site & most times they don't even give me a link to find the answer whereas most other companies do. What am I paying them for if not to help me?

Once the software stopped working & they refused to help me saying there was nothing wrong, I had to start screaming for a manager.

Then they wanted the project files to test it. Then they lied saying it works on their end.

My website coder tried it on his computer & it didn't work for him either.

There are other issues with them too I won't get into, needless to say they are wasting my time, not reading the e-mails properly, & making me do tons of work due to their incompetence.

So I want to switch to another software, but I don't know what to switch to that isn't very complicated.

I liked NCH b/c when I want to cut pieces of a video, I just enter in the time stamp & can move back & forth if I need to in order to adjust where I split.

When I tried to do that with another software before starting with NCH, it didn't have that time stamp option. You had to use the red line (can't remember what it's called.)

I don't want anything expensive. NCH is a reasonable price.

All of my videos are for activist work, not for business so I'm on a tight budget.

I do like the different blur transition options that NCH has & I occasionally use different effects.

I also need the fade-out for the audio.

Any suggestions on similar software? I really don't want to relearn everything from scratch all over again.

Thanks

2. Default

Each editor works in different ways, so if you change software you're going to have to relearn some things. Maybe it would be easier to deal with if the software is free, such as DaVinci Resolve. Magix Vegas Pro would likely do anything you need, but it's not super cheap. Magix also makes some more affordable video editors. I've also heard of Hitfilm, but I have no idea what that program is like.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Each editor works in different ways, so if you change software you're going to have to relearn some things. Maybe it would be easier to deal with if the software is free, such as DaVinci Resolve. Magix Vegas Pro would likely do anything you need, but it's not super cheap. Magix also makes some more affordable video editors. I've also heard of Hitfilm, but I have no idea what that program is like.
    Hi,

So I decided to DL Davinci & it doesn't work. I'm going to try & uninstall it & reinstall it again, but nothing happened when I clicked on the icon. I tried several times.

I e-mailed Hitfilm, but so far they haven't gotten back to me.

And yeh, Magiz Vegas is too much for me.

Thanks

4. Default

Perhaps Magix Movie Edit Pro would work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Perhaps Magix Movie Edit Pro would work for you.
    Sorry I never responded back. I'm not sure I saw this.

NCH FINALLY figured their bug even though 99% of their tech support is so stupid they don't even know what I'm talking about or they told me that what the issue is isn't supposed to work like that even though it is.

Still other bugs, but since I had such a hard time finding a replacement with the simple features I needed, I am going to have to try & make due with NCH.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Well done and thanks for reporting back
    Tim

DaVinci Resolve is my favorite, so get it a try)