Thread: Help Needed With Vertical Orientation

Default Help Needed With Vertical Orientation

I am trying to make a video to upload to YouTube that will display in a 1080x1920 format. I have ten images that I want to sequence with music, but each program that I have found that allows me to put these together results in a wide screen with my 1080x1920 images within. I have tried Movie Maker, ProShow Producer, MiniTool MovieMaker, and probably five or six others, and each one wants to place my vertical images within landscape mode, regardless of the settings.

The idea is to have a video made of these images that, when I upload to YouTube, will result in one seeing the video full screen when they hold their phones vertically (at least, as much as possible, as the aspect ratio for different phones may not be exactly the same).

Does anyone know of software that can do this? I'm sure that this is something very simple and that there must be plenty of options available, but so far I have been unable to find any. For what it's worth, the simpler, the better, as I do not need any advanced abilities, I just need to be able to sequence images, determine how long each one should be shown, and fade from one to the other.

Thanks -

george

Blog Entries

Resolve.Just tested a 9x16 vid I created from 9x16 source and it plays back full screen vertical in phones.

But a far better solution is to educate people to watch videos the proper way
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Resolve.Just tested a 9x16 vid I created from 9x16 source and it plays back full screen vertical in phones.

But a far better solution is to educate people to watch videos the proper way
    I can make this work if I start from a video made on my phone. My problem is that I need to make a slideshow from images that are in the vertical format. I have found no slideshow software that has allowed me to do that.

Thanks -

george

4. Default

I made this in Vegas Pro 14. It wouldn't let me render in Sony AVC/MVC format, which is what I normally use for uploading to YouTube, but I could do a custom set of output dimensions in AVI. It still uploads to YT, but it takes longer.

Thanks for the reply but I was finally able to find Shotcut, which allows me to create a slideshow and upload in the proper vertical format.

CHeers -

george

Blog Entries

Ah well. If you need to do it in Resolve, the trick is you create the project in a 1080x1920 timeline, not simply export in that format.
    Last edited by TimStannard; Yesterday at 01:28 PM. Reason: typos
    Tim

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Cheers -

george