Thread: Pamukkale & Hierapolis 2020 TURKEY

1. Default Pamukkale & Hierapolis 2020 TURKEY

Hi I would like to share with you my holidays clip from Turkey. What do you think about it? What can I improve? What to change?

Blog Entries

Hi. and welcome. This is fine and in the vein of numerous travel videos on YouTube.
    As a remider of your trip I'm sure its great. If you want to show others a summary of your trip to others it's great.

But ... even though I've visited some of those places and enjoy the reminder, I got bored fairly quickly.This isn't because of the shots or the editing, but because it doesn't tell me anything.
    It doesn't tell me anything about the locations and their history (like a documentary or a "proper" travel film might)
    Neither does it tell me anything about your experiences, or what you felt about the journey or feel about the place.

Give me a reason to watch your video about (in this case Turkey) rather than someone else's.
    Tim

3. Default

Yes I get your point, I felt like it lack of something. But in the end I dont know how to make it to chain more attention. Do you think videos with people showing emotions, having fun, explore etc are more interesting?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by liaj View Post
    Yes I get your point, I felt like it lack of something. But in the end I dont know how to make it to chain more attention. Do you think videos with people showing emotions, having fun, explore etc are more interesting?
    In my few years in video making I've come across many, many very simple slogans and guidelines. One such slogan is "Faces, not places".

Holiday snaps of wonderful scenery are just that - and there are usually tourist board or pofessional documentary shots that are far better quality. But shots of you and/or your partner/family/group of friends reacting to the sights not only proves that you were there, but creates a snapshot in time and an emotional connection the the scene even for people who do not know you. The same is true of videos.

Showing your interactions with the sights and your reactions to them is much more engaging from a human perspectinve than simply showing the sights.
    You can also use this to create a narrative - we follow you (or whoever) from place to place, which is more effective than a bunch shots, which could be thrown togethher in any order.

I realise I'm throwing a lot at you all at once here, but even with something basically showing off a place, try to think about how to make this into some sort of story - that is create anticipation for the viewer so they want to see what happens next.
    Tim