Thread: Shooting 60fps and turning into slow mo

Default Shooting 60fps and turning into slow mo

Hey guys,

I at a run and gun travel YouTuber using GH5 and shooting in 60fps, and I’m worried that I’ve been doing my editing wrong ‘by the book’ in post...

So everything is ofc shot in 60p in case I want some slow mo, in which case, I just slow the clip down 50%, which I assume is now 30p...

My timeline is set at 60p as all my vlog normal speed content now looks buttery smooth and as shot from the camera, with the odd 50% slowed b roll shots in between.

However, I have noticed numerous sites online talking about for getting slow mo from 60p, you’re meant to do 40%, and do that on a 24p timeline?!

This is all really confusing to me, can someone please shed some light on all this confusion?

Thanks

It's all down to personal preference. No one says you MUST put it on a 24FPS timeline. If 30FPS gives you the desired results I see no reason to do it differently.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Thetravelmatt View Post
    Hey guys,

I at a run and gun travel YouTuber using GH5 and shooting in 60fps, and I’m worried that I’ve been doing my editing wrong ‘by the book’ in post...

So everything is ofc shot in 60p in case I want some slow mo, in which case, I just slow the clip down 50%, which I assume is now 30p...

My timeline is set at 60p as all my vlog normal speed content now looks buttery smooth and as shot from the camera, with the odd 50% slowed b roll shots in between.

However, I have noticed numerous sites online talking about for getting slow mo from 60p, you’re meant to do 40%, and do that on a 24p timeline?!

This is all really confusing to me, can someone please shed some light on all this confusion?

Thanks
    if it looks " buttery smooth" (and it should) at 60FPS slowed 50% and rendered at 30... stick with it
    Last edited by enc; 09-28-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933