Thread: Orizaba, NV and the Orizaba Mine

Default Final version: Orizaba, NV and the Orizaba Mine

I made a few small changes. Here's the final version:

Orizaba Mine, NV 2020

Join me as I explore some very picturesque ruins at Orizaba, NV and the Orizaba Mine. This was one of the most interesting sites I visited during my 2020 trip. The mine’s structures are over 110 years old, and include two stationary boilers, a head frame, hoist, and other artifacts. You’ll also see the cabins of the old mining camp.

Music:“Cinematic Inspiring Piano & Strings”“Inspiring Piano”by Siberian Musichttps://audiojungle.net/item/inspiring-piano-and-strings/26619935https://audiojungle.net/item/inspiring-piano/19265913Licensed through AudioJungle

Last edited by Ray Dunakin; 09-20-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice one, Ray. I thought the voiceover had a fantastic balance between providing enough information and letting the images speak for themselves.
    What I particularly enjoy is this could so easily be a series where each pretty much a repeat of the previous films, the only difference being the dates and locations, but you always seem to come up with something a bit different to say.

This is e thing that sets it apart from, say, PPFilms aerial shots of cities around the world - great shots they may be, but, even though they are showig different sites, they just feel very samey.

You mention vey few of these ruins exists> Maybe you could expand on this in a future video : It did beg the question - why do very few exist - or conversely, why haven't they all been demolished?

Is this leading up to a full blown documentary about ghost buildings across the US one day? I hope so.
    Tim

Thanks Tim!

I do sometimes find myself getting into a rut, especially with the narration. One way I'm trying to avoid that is to include some personal insights and feelings about each place. I don't always succeed, but when I do it makes the video more engaging and less dry.

I don't know about doing a full-blown documentary, but one thing I am planning to do at some point is a short video about what constitutes a ghost town. There are a lot of misconceptions, and I'd like to clear up some of them.