Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada...Naturally!

Default Nevada...Naturally!

Nevada…Naturally! 2020

This video gives you a look at some of the beautiful scenes and wildlife in western Nevada. You'll see some spectacular scenery, sunsets, and starry skies. Wild horses and burros, pronghorn antelope, a Great Basin rattlesnake, and other creatures are featured too.

Music:“Inspiring Cinematic Piano”by Sky Productionshttps://audiojungle.net/item/inspiring-cinematic-piano-trailer/21974083
    “Inspirational & Emotional Cinematic Piano”by Alex Green Soundhttps://audiojungle.net/item/inspirational-and-emotional-cinematic-piano/23177347
    Licensed through AudioJungle

Absolutely wonderful as usual Ray
    One thing I am wondering is if the horizon is slightly off in a lot of shots. I had the feeling it was often slightly higher on the left side for some reason though I could well be mistaken.
    There is a couple of stills in there that I feel are out of place. I believe this has been mentioned about your earlier productions as well though so I'm sure you made a weighed decision when adding those.
    Thanks for sharing!
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

A departure from the deserted mines and buildings and a welcome one. This is neither better nor worse, but wonderfully different. I loved this! Your aerial shots are superb - the way you use the right light and emphasize the parallax give a depth to the shots we rarely see. (I've seen so many videos of the Grand Canyon which just look flat - it's difficulat to capture this sort of depth in a 2D image, but you manage it superbly.

I was very impressed by the shot at 2:02 - how did you get the drone to follow the pronghorn such that it remained central with the brush surrounding it blurred by motion - manual flying? Very good if so!

Grapes ahs already mentioned the two thing that were minor niggles with me (I thought it might be my eyes with the horizions).

Only one other observation - and I think it's a good one. I notice how you start rolling your credits before the film actually ends, and although the film has a natural ending, this always leaves the impression that there's more to be dicovered, if the audience so desires. I don't know why but i find this very clever.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Absolutely wonderful as usual Ray
    One thing I am wondering is if the horizon is slightly off in a lot of shots. I had the feeling it was often slightly higher on the left side for some reason though I could well be mistaken.
    Thanks! I'm not sure about the horizon issue. I do know that in many of the "valley" shots there actually is a slight slope which can fool the eye into thinking the camera's not level.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    A departure from the deserted mines and buildings and a welcome one. This is neither better nor worse, but wonderfully different. I loved this! Your aerial shots are superb - the way you use the right light and emphasize the parallax give a depth to the shots we rarely see. (I've seen so many videos of the Grand Canyon which just look flat - it's difficulat to capture this sort of depth in a 2D image, but you manage it superbly.

I was very impressed by the shot at 2:02 - how did you get the drone to follow the pronghorn such that it remained central with the brush surrounding it blurred by motion - manual flying? Very good if so!
    Thanks! Yes, the shots following the pronghorn was done by manually flying the drone. It's a little tricky, especially since I'm trying to avoid scaring the animal. It helps that he's running more or less in a straight line.

Only one other observation - and I think it's a good one. I notice how you start rolling your credits before the film actually ends, and although the film has a natural ending, this always leaves the impression that there's more to be dicovered, if the audience so desires. I don't know why but i find this very clever.
    Again, thanks! I also like that it makes the credits a little less boring to sit through.

BTW, I am so grateful for this forum and the helpful advice you guys have given me. Getting good, constructive criticism from people who actually know what they're talking about is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dunakin View Post
    Thanks! I'm not sure about the horizon issue. I do know that in many of the "valley" shots there actually is a slight slope which can fool the eye into thinking the camera's not level.
    Yeah that was my second guess it then sometimes begs the question if it's best to leave original or adjust it for viewers comfort. In this cast it's definitely fine as is. We are just super critical I guess

Your drone flying skills are excellent. I assume you done everything on manual mode, also the orbits? It is one of the trickier manoeuvrers to perform well, especially on a moving subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Your drone flying skills are excellent. I assume you done everything on manual mode, also the orbits? It is one of the trickier manoeuvrers to perform well, especially on a moving subject!
    Thanks. Yes, I almost always fly manual. Sometimes I'll set it up for auto-orbit around a specific object like a chimney or something but usually it's faster and easier to just do it manually. Where I get in trouble is when I have to speed up the footage in post -- any small imperceptible jerkiness gets amplified.

Yes as a rule I prefer to slow down instead of speed up. Funnily enough when footage is very very shaky speeding it up will actually result in a somewhat smooth video. You can see this in practice with long distance driving time lapses for example.

10. Default

i have always wanted to go to nevada, great video!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast