Thread: A day trip to the seaside

1. Default A day trip to the seaside

This is another nice video I put together of our trip to the seaside. The shots taken in this video were from Flamborough cliffs, thornwick bay and Bridlington.

i promise tim this was all shot before your feedback, close up and front faces are coming soon haha, thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by JourneyVerse; 08-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Two things stand out

• I think you need to be ruthless with your editing and lose clips you're not happy with; and
    • You should think about the flow of the clips and look for natural transitions from one clip to the next.

Here's a challenge - take all that footage, edit it down to less than 60 seconds and post the results. Out of interest, did you extend the last clip until the music ended?

3. Default

thanks for your feedback, i did not extend the last clip, the next video i have created i believe to be my best yet, has more flow, clips and looks asthetically better, thanks for actually watching and giving feedback, at the end of the day i want to create videos that the people watching actually want to watch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JourneyVerse View Post
    tat the end of the day i want to create videos that the people watching actually want to watch
    And hopefully people here will help you to do that - even if the advice might conflict at times (but it is an art not a science)
    Tim

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    And hopefully people here will help you to do that - even if the advice might conflict at times (but it is an art not a science)
    well said, i have been looking around trying to influence myself and trying to find how i want my shots to be perceived, the different angles and close ups definitely help tell a better story, however i am my own critic and i will say im not the best a telling a story with my clips, but with more knowledge of how to film clips i hope to change this soon