Thread: Slideshow in Premiere Pro doesn´t show the whole photos?

Default Slideshow in Premiere Pro doesn´t show the whole photos?

Hi there,

I´m creating a slideshow of around 30 photos a few megapixels in size with Premiere Pro 1.5. The problem is that Premiere zooms in on every photo, so the final slideshow shows only the center of my photos.

I´m new to Premiere Pro, just installed it. Been reading the help files, here´s what I do:
    --> Add photos to "Project"
    --> Copy them to the timeline (I can see in "Monitor" already now, before exporting, that the slideshow only shows the center of the photos)
    --> Export to movie file

There´s obviously some "zoom" setting somewhere I need to change, or...?
    Thanks heaps for the help!
    Other than this little problem the software seems awesome.

Blog Entries

Premiere Pro is a tad overkill for creating slideshows. At £500+ it's also a little on the expensive side! Canopus Imaginate is a great tool that's designed exactly for the job.

But anyhoo... the "zoom" setting can be found in the effects control panel once you've selected the clip on the timeline. It's labelled Scale under the Motion setting.

when my dad has sorted out my other computer if your stuck i will put a few screen shots up

Thanks a lot, got it sorted now.

I was just wondering, is there any way of making the change to one photo and then applying it to all the photos? For 30 photos I had to change the Scale-value 30 times... It´s still alright but what if I had 300 photos?

I spent a year in New Zealand and got Video Collection 2.5 Education Edition for around 300€, being such a bargain I just had to buy it...

Tried creating slideshows with Movie Maker II. The 8gb file it produced was of horrible quality, the photos in slideshow looked like from a 0.3 mPixel camera!

Default simple and easy, times 2

There is a simpler way to do that.
    right click on the resized image, copy, then batch select the rest of the photos, right click, and choose paste attributes.
    Also, project>project settings>general and click on 'scale clips to project dimensions when adding to sequence' This way, all y'alls pitchers gonna be the right size.
    And one last tip about photo slideshows, if ya didn't know. Edit>Preferences>General>still images and set your auto-import time. This way, when your importing stills and you want them to be a uniform, say, 210 frames, you can stick that in, and that's how long they'll automatically be.
    Get to it, and good luck with future slideshows.
    Premiere Pro
    Photoshop Elements
    Encore
    Audition