Thread: How to add in/out fade transition effects all images /videos at once ?

Default How to add in/out fade transition effects all images /videos at once ?

​Hi Guys,
    This is my first post here, forgive me if i posted in a wrong section or if my question is a silly one.
    I create videos by joining images .Currently i am using kinemaster where i add a background, then add all the images as layers and give them in and out animations (fade) to make the transition smoother. But since i use 40,50 images adding this fade in animation to all the images is a very time consuming task.

Do we have any video editing software that enables to make to add such transition effects all or multiple images/videos easily instead of doing it 40,50 times ??..

Blog Entries

Hi haapiness and welcome.
    Perfect section & not a silly question (there's no such thing)

But to answer your question - yes, it's time consuming - welcome to the world of video editing!
    I've little doubt there are apps for iPads and phones which will do this automatically - but is that really what you want? A template so that your video looks like everyone else's?

I've never come across kinemaster, but any video editor worth it's salt will enable you to:
    1. Stick all the clips you wnat o use end to end
    2. Drop a "Fade thru Black" transition on the first cuts
    3. Adjust for length/any other peramaters.
    4. Copy that transition and paste over every other junction

You can do this very easily in DavInci Resolve (free) or HitFilmExpress(free)

If you wnat to automate further you might have to invest time in learning how to write scripts in a program that supports scripting (eg Vegas). But unless you are producing many videos, it's probably not worth it.
    Tim

Oh and in premiere you can import stills and tell premiere all stills are supposed to be of a specific length, e.g. 5 seconds and then you can drop them all into a composition. Once in the composition you can select them all on the time line and press ctrl+D and it will automatically add cross dissolves on each and every selected clip.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Oh and in premiere you can import stills and tell premiere all stills are supposed to be of a specific length, e.g. 5 seconds and then you can drop them all into a composition. Once in the composition you can select them all on the time line and press ctrl+D and it will automatically add cross dissolves on each and every selected clip.
    ...and it will send you audience to sleep in no time
    Tim