Thread: How do I add these effects in After Effects?

Default How do I add these effects in After Effects?

Hi everyone!

I'm a beginner at slowly trying to learn After Effects and I'm currently attempting to try and edit a little video I'd decided film since I've been stuck at home for so long but i's not going too well.

I'm trying to work out how to start with the effects travelling up my arm and then at the shot pans upwards to then see the lightning effect travel up from my neck to beginnto appear on my face before I turn my head for the effects to continue covering my face. I'm struggling to work out how to set the effects on my neck and one side of my face for when I turn my head because I've tried a few times and the perspective of the effect messes up as my head turns. Does the fact that I've turned my head really make it that much more difficult?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tI0zymThg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pcam86 View Post
    Does the fact that I've turned my head really make it that much more difficult?
    Hi,

Looking good so far. Just towards the end of the shot of the arm, the lightning appears to drift a bit. But to answer your question - yes!
    I'm not an After Effects person but what we are trying to do here is make a 2D effect look as if it's in a 3D space. This is not beginner stuff, but definitely worth persevering with.

Fundamentally, what you are trying to do is both warp and move the image of the lightning to match the underlying image. This may be best done manually, keyyframing the lightning effect for each frame.

I'm sure someone with AE experience will be much mroe helpful than me.
    Tim