Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something for the weekend

Blog Entries

Default Something for the weekend

Made this in a 24hr challenge over the weekend. Actually it was a 33hr challenge - themes ("Relax" or "Who Done It?") announced 9am Saturday, Completed film by 6pm Sunday.

Feel free to comment.
    Tim

Awesome! Really fun to watch. It would have been nice if the bourbon slowly took effect over the course of the film
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Awesome! Really fun to watch. It would have been nice if the bourbon slowly took effect over the course of the film
    Who's to say it wasn't taking effect on the director
    Glad you liked it. Thanks for watching.
    Tim

great stuff tim. i have to ask was this really done in 24 hours... from initial idea to finished edit
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    great stuff tim. i have to ask was this really done in 24 hours... from initial idea to finished edit
    Nope. But it was done in 33hours (as stated above the challenge ran from 9:00am to 6pm the following day)

However, I did have an entirely watchable version (including the colouring) by 11pm on the first day.
    9am theme's announced and we knock aroud ideas, settling on Cluedo and the colour separation.
    By 11.30 my wife has all but given up dismissing just about ever idea I have as rubbish, but I persist and by 12.30 have the script which she admits is not too bad. It helps that her son has agreed to be in it (he was due to be in his first ever amateutr musical when lockdown struck).
    We create a body outline with making take and have lunch.
    Shooting completes around 6pm and I throw together a rough edit tigether with colouring and this is complete b about 10.30pm
    The whole of the next day was spent discussing (arguing) over the music track (two hours at east wasted on this), adding the sound effects (phone call), creating the titles/opening Cluedunnit graphic and much needed improving the keyin of the colour (it stll "leaks" n places but it's much better. With an hour to go I decided to attempt the graphics at the end for the credits - which is why they are a bit rough, but I think it was more fun to include them than leave them off.

Broadly speaking, I become more creative the tighter the brief. Give me a "make a film about anything" and I'll struggle. Here the brief was the theme (Who Done It?) but also stictly limited in that it had to be done within the house/garden due to lockdown and within the narrow time frame.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    Tim

Stirling work! takes me 24 hours to set up
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Stirling work! takes me 24 hours to set up
    Me too, usually. This was almost point and shoot.
    Stage shot. White balance. Shoot.
    Rinse & repeat.

No live audio makes it 100 times easier.
    Tim

I enjoyed that. Very good.

Blog Entries

Cheers JediBoy!
    Tim

Excellent job - I loved the theme, the music and the cast - the character colours were a nice touch

One comment - I found the reflections in the glasses distracting - Iím not sure how they handle that in the movies, but Iím guessing they must use special lenses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast