Thread: Total beginner - putting multiple videos together with poweful logo inbetween

Default Total beginner - putting multiple videos together with poweful logo inbetween

Hi,

I have been researching around for some video constructing forum and found your one... Hopefully someone could turn me to the right directions. Never done any video construction or video editing task and therefore don't have any such software. I have seen people on Fiverr are doing exactly what I need but the problem is I have absolutely no budget for this. Would highly appreciate at least some step by step advice.

My problem is the following: I'm looking to earn some income online because I'm unemployed and trying to request a business partnership to provide service I am good at and earn some profit out of it. I have been against mass mailing, spamming and thing like that forever. Really don't like mass contacts. Instead, what I like is extremely personalized approach of contacting potential business partner with clear description of the value I would like to add for him/her/them. My goal is to record myself explaining my service, mention his name (to increase personalization level), where I saw his content or whatever made me approach him, how to help, maybe show some numbers, values, equations, graphs, statistics, sales skills, deal closing skills and things like that. I will record myself on Zoom with custom business based (e.g. office) background. I want to record myself in two different video files. First video file is based extremely personalized content like particular name, numbers, etc. Those are only for particular recipient who I am trying to approach to look for business opportunity. This first video file will consume the most of my time for obvious reason: For every single person/company I have to do it separately because names/numbers/reports/etc are unique. Second video file is more general, verbally providing my entrepreneurship speech what can I do for them, what makes me better than others, etc. At least on second video file I would like to save some time and send the same one with identical speech to multiple recipients until I don't think I need to do some modifications. So I repeat again: I would like to save some time and NOT create unique second video file for multiple recipients but same second video file for them.

As total beginner, who has NEVER touched any video editing or constructing software, I would like to learn: How do I combine two videos together into one? So it could be only one video file. I firstly record time consuming first part of the video and then save some time and just attach to it separated video file (pre-prepared with general speech).

But there is a problem.. Big problem:

In between one and another part, I would like to have some special graphical effect consisting of e.g. some logo. I would conclude the first part with some sentence like: "Is this something you are committed to? If yes, I would kindly encourage you to check this..."

and upon saying "this" I would somehow move my finger away from me, right next to it would occur, in the air, some graphical effect (e.g. light bulb, logo, whatever) and then either with extra zoom to that graphical effect or without the extra zoom, the video would be turned to the next part, where would be immediate continuation of second video (general speech).

Can something like this be done for total beginner who knows absolutely nothing about doing the videos on Windows OS computer?

Any suggestions, assistance, etc. how to move forward on that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much, it would really mean a lot to me. I wish I could just hire some freelancer for this but don't have any money to pay him. Actually I'm yet to finalize the videos but worried about my ability to do what I described.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries

One solution:
    HitFilm Express (free) which combined video editing (your first requirement) and compositing (your second requirement).
    Like all these things, it's easy of you know how.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    One solution:
    HitFilm Express (free) which combined video editing (your first requirement) and compositing (your second requirement).
    Like all these things, it's easy of you know how.
    I wish I knew how... I already installed what you suggested but you may have overlooked that I don't have any experience in video constructing / editing software. There is no way I would be able to do this on my own at this time in the software you suggested so I was hoping whether someone from this forum could provide suggestion how this can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin0 View Post
    I wish I knew how... I already installed what you suggested but you may have overlooked that I don't have any experience in video constructing / editing software. There is no way I would be able to do this on my own at this time in the software you suggested so I was hoping whether someone from this forum could provide suggestion how this can be done.
    I haven't read your original post so I'm writing this with the risk of touching on something already mentioned and if I do please accept my apologies for this beforehand.
    What I generally do when I can't acquire a specific skill myself (or when I don't feel like it) is hire someone else to do it for me. If I can't afford neither time to learn it nor the price to hire someone else to do it I accept defeat and possibly wait for the moment when either time or money is available for this.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    I haven't read your original post so I'm writing this with the risk of touching on something already mentioned and if I do please accept my apologies for this beforehand.
    What I generally do when I can't acquire a specific skill myself (or when I don't feel like it) is hire someone else to do it for me. If I can't afford neither time to learn it nor the price to hire someone else to do it I accept defeat and possibly wait for the moment when either time or money is available for this.
    Thank you for reply but why haven't you read it? Your reply already covered what I typed in original post.

Thank you for reply but why haven't you read it? Your reply already covered what I typed in original post.

No sorry, I really only looked at your exchange with Tim. Man I feel silly now. Again my sincerest apologies!
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

I hadn't overlooked that at all. I have suggested how it might be done.

There are plenty of free tutorials to go with the free software and, if you are prepared to put in the time and effort to learn it, I am happy to give you some pointers as to what keywords to look for or what tutorials might help,

What I am not going to do is give you detailed step by step instructions as this would take far longer than just doing it myself. If you are prepared to learn, I am willing to help.

But bear in mind it might take you some time or it might not, some people find this sort of thing obvious, others find it difficult. On the basis you've already looked at IgtFilm Express, you may fall into the latter category. Or it may me that you'd find a different NLE (Resolve/Fusion? another free option) more intuitive.

The other question is: do you want to learn how to be a video editor/compositor? I suspect the answer might be no. So why waste your time learning how to do this rather than spending that time on your business? If you needed a leaflet drop (OK I'm going reall old school here) would you learn the skills required to be a printer? I suspect not.

Just because a print house requires thousands of pounds worth of equipment whereas, fortunately for us, incredibly powerful video software is available to us for free, this doesn't mean the ability to learn how to use the equipment/software is any less.

I realise the above sounds like I'm having a bit of a dig, I'm really not. I'm just trying to clarify that yes, you can probably turn your head to video editing/compositing but there IS an investment - in either or both time or money.

You appear to have a business model for something you're good at. My advice would be (unless you're sitting around kicking your heels) concentrate on that and let people who already know how to put a video together do that. You never know someone might well do it for free.

I'm beginning to wonder how you are "recording" yourself. Have you considered lighting, camera, audio equipment? I hope you have. Something off a smartphone isn't going to cut it (actually it might, but that would be in the hands of someone who really knows what they are doing with it).
    Tim

@TimStannard thank you very much for your reply. The thing is that I'm unemployed and looking for a job to finally make some income so I wouldn't be financially dependent on someone else for my entire life. I know this is forum is for video constructing (that's why I'm here) and not for job searching or crying for no income. Actually I'm planning to offer my services where I know I can add the value to the people: mostly board of directors for public companies (two of my services) and individual entrepreneurs (my third service). After finishing university like a decade ago and having the only benefit out of it the dust on diploma, I was working hard to gain new knowledge that I urgently need to put into action and I have my plan where could I help others. However, if I'm maximum honest: at my age, I don't have time anymore to gain yet another knowledge (video editing and constructing) so since I found this forum, I was hoping to if there are some detailed instructions (shortcuts) to be able to do what I described in my first post. I don't trust mass emailing (people delete emails instantly) and not everyone is on LinkedIn so shipping of CDs in envelope with presentation video is required because even during phone call as complete stranger, no matter how perfect the starting speech is, possibility of success is in doubt. If not able to come to the headquaters' office and start knocking on CEO's/President's/CFO's door and if the guy is not on LinkedIn (or not responding) then shipping of video is third best option. Obviously with few strategies when it comes to content of envelope to reach two final goals (so called "Call To Action"):

1. willingness for guy to actually use the CD, put it into computer and run the file. I'm afraid that people are afraid of bad files hurting them (viruses, malware, etc.) but I am building my plan how to overcome this to make sure they will trust the content on envelope and to see its NOT hurting file (virus) but the real deal.

2. scheduling web appointment with me or call me.

You asked me how I want to record myself and presentation for the video. Using Zoom, web camera, microphone. Sometimes I also include functionality of screen recording in the video and also teleprompter, similar to the one journalist are having on TV News. Obviously with very low width of lines so the eyes don't move while reading. Screen recording is needed to show them some numbers, reports, statistics, etc. to prove them how hard I worked for them already and already on the start of the video to show them I'm real, with legitimate value to be added and not some random scammer. It's just a strategy to increase personalization so I can show them some numbers and reports in a way they cannot say what I'm speaking is not true. In the numbers is a proof that it's true. This is step by step components leading to the accomplished call to action so they can contact me and then I go in depth about my offer on appointments.

The reason why I'm on your forum, as I said, is because I was hoping for some help, quick shortcut, to avoid wasting time on learning Video Editing from scratch. Although benefit might be minor but still a lot so I can save some time on second part of the video and learn how to attach it to first part directly and upload on CD just one video file. Plus having, what I described (graphical effect) between each parts of the video.

Blog Entries

Hi dolphin, I appreciate your honesty and taking time to explain. I also understand your predicament having myself at nearly 60 just lost a client who accounted for 2/3 my income (they wanted a full time person which would have meant me giving up my other clients - this is not video work BTW, that'sjust a hobby/part time income for me)

There might well be thinghs that will do what you wnat out there. There are hundred, if not thousands, of apps for ipads, phone sand online which will do all sorts of amazing slick stuff. Howevre, you won't find people on video/film making forums who use them as we are typically a reed that wants to make a film from the ground up. We want complete control over every aspect of our film making. Those working to a client's spec and script still want to decide on cameras, lighting, cast, and expecially how to edit it. They will not be using apps for Instagram or Facebook.

We are a helpful bunch - but helpful to people who want to learn video editing, not so much to people who want a quick fix video. I'm not suggesting it's difficult or there's any black magic that only a select few can access - far from it. But there is a lot to learn, if you want to make a video from scratch.

So I hope you don't hold that against us.

If you provided parts one and two of the video and the logo, most of us here could combine them as you suggest without batting an eyelid. It would take several evenings to show you how to do it.

Here's a parallel. Give me a link to an basic pop song I've never heard before and I'll be able to strum the chords withing a few minutes. If you don't play guitar, it'll take me days to show you how to do the same.

Quite apart from that, whilst I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, I'm not convinced a director of a public service is going to be in the slightest impressed by a video from a Zoom recording, no matter how personalised. This may have worked 20 years ago but I'd be very surprised nowadays. But that's where I bow down to your knowledge of your market.

(Having said that, my perspective is very UK centric - it may be very diferent wherever you are)
    Last edited by TimStannard; 06-15-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Tim