Thread: Buying monitor/s for custom built desktop within budget

Default Buying monitor/s for custom built desktop within budget

Hi . I have a Ryzen 5 3600, GeForce GTX 1660 Super (bought from Overclockers and help from friend with tech background).
    I need to buy a suitable monitor for a budget of £2-300, or possibly more if necessary/ likely to start working professionally with 4k footage too. Working on learning Premiere Pro at moment and other editing software in the future. I'm not sure what and where to purchase, and with pretty much zero knowledge in IT - can you help?
    Thank you,
    Gemma
    Last edited by Gemma-marie; 06-04-2020 at 10:21 AM.

It's quite hard to find a bad monitor these days so I usually go for the cheaper models. iiyama has been my go-to brand for at least 10 years (which equates to around two monitors) and I think the Acer B series is also a good product for the price.
    If you're just starting out I'd personally keep on the cheap side of the curve, you can always invest if your job and clients demand more perfection. By the time you are really looking to perfect your colour grading you should start looking in the over 1000 range for a professional colour grading monitor.
    The cats are watching us...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    It's quite hard to find a bad monitor these days so I usually go for the cheaper models. iiyama has been my go-to brand for at least 10 years (which equates to around two monitors) and I think the Acer B series is also a good product for the price.
    If you're just starting out I'd personally keep on the cheap side of the curve, you can always invest if your job and clients demand more perfection. By the time you are really looking to perfect your colour grading you should start looking in the over 1000 range for a professional colour grading monitor.
    Thank you so much Grapes - this is very useful.