Hi all, I am having a bit of a challenge and some guidance/advice/help would be appreciated.

I am using EZCap EzGrabber USB 2.0 Video capture software (VideoGlide). I have, over the last few weeks successfully digitised all my Hi8 tapes (42) and am now moving to my VHS home movies, of which I have only a few.

I am using my iMac 2019 with OSX 10.14.5 (Mojave), which uses 32 bit software with a Radeon Pro 570x 4GB graphics card.

I have plugged in the 3 coloured cables, yellow, red and white, just as I did with my similar vintage Sony video camera, into the line out socket on the back of the VCR, but the VideoGlide software is not picking up anything. The light green screen would ordinarily turn to blue when there is a successful connection between the Mac and the machine, in this case the VCR. I have not managed, despite using every combination of the wires, in all the sockets, found a connection yet and wonder if there is anything else I missed or could do. it would seem on the face of it a simple task, given all the youtube clips I have watched where people demonstrate the task, including one almost identical to mine, successfully. Sadly though, non-one mentions what to do when things don't go according plan.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.