Thread: BORED GAMES

Blog Entries

Default BORED GAMES

A few weeks ago CEMRIAC (Central and East Midlands Region of the IAC) threw down a challenge to make a lockdown film over a few days, to be shown at a Zoom meeting. I didn't film it until the afternoon of the screening day so this was never going to be ready in time.

Shooting was only a couple of hours - we probably took longer before that working out the Scrabble board and then what letters each player had to draw from the bag (and then work it all backwords) for continuity. By the final edit none of that really mattered as you barely see enough shots to prove whether it would work or not. However *I* know the continuity for that is correct soat least i can sleep easily.

Having not edited it in time, I decided to write the music myself and had my first "serious" play with Reaper - which I really love. I used several libraries - mostly free except an old 32bit version of the Miroslav Philharmonic. It's my first attempt at any vaguely orchestral sounds and, whilst pretty unimaginative, I think it's good enough for a film of this quality.

This is far from the funniest film you will see about lockdown, and certainly not the most uplifting and my wife argues it's in bad taste (she might be right). However it *is* a completed film and it is probably the first creative thing I've made in a couple of years.

BORED GAMES (<3min)
    Last edited by TimStannard; 05-09-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    Tim

I enjoyed it, very good.

I enjoyed it too. Well done!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Hardly a work of art, but adequate.
    The obvious (to me) change I would make would be to reduce the time between the resumption of play after dictionary challenge and the slowing down/boredom sectin. (I can't do that without a re-shoot because of continuity wioth the board - I'd need fewer words put down). This would make it a bit snappier, which I think it needs. I'd target 2 minutes, but I doubt I could get it thet short.

What changes would you make?
    Tim