Thread: Video record some vinyl records

Default Video record some vinyl records

Hey guys. Someone will know this.
    I want to video record some old vinyl records to upload to my you tube. I'm going to video record using my mobile but I want to record the audio via the usb instead of the microphone. Two questions

1/ Anyone know an Android app that will record video from the camera but let you record the audio simultaneously via USB connection

2/ My record player only had 6 mm headphone socket so how do I get audio from that to c type usb

Quote Originally Posted by GobShyte View Post
    Hey guys. Someone will know this.
    I want to video record some old vinyl records to upload to my you tube. I'm going to video record using my mobile but I want to record the audio via the usb instead of the microphone. Two questions

1/ Anyone know an Android app that will record video from the camera but let you record the audio simultaneously via USB connection

2/ My record player only had 6 mm headphone socket so how do I get audio from that to c type usb

1: Nope sorry
    2: 6.35mm to 3.5mm converter and then a 3.5mm to USB-C
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

An OTG cable might let you connect a proper audio interface. You'd have to find one that works on your phone. Then you might be able to find an app that could record video from your phone's camera along with audio from the interface. An "insert" cable would connect the headphone out to the two separate 1/4" inputs on the interface.

If I were doing this I would use a proper turntable, phono preamp, audio interface and computer, and a real video camera. Phone cameras have issues with shutter artifacts on moving subjects. I would put it together in a video editing program.