Thread: Replicating effects (or copying and pasting a clip's effects attributes).

Default Replicating effects (or copying and pasting a clip's effects attributes).

Replicating effects (or copying and pasting a clip's effects attributes).

I know that you can "paste attributes" in Adobe Premier Pro. Does anyone know a similar way of achieving this in VideoPad?

Blog Entries

The lack of a respnse here, Bob, is not an unwillingness to help, but a lack of any experience (among the regulars, anyway) of VideoPad. Better to give no advice than bad advice, yeah?
    Tim

Thanks Tim, Ove given up on Videopad now and just started using Premier Pro. Not your sure if it’s possible to do what I want to do, which is;
    In a music montage video, easily substitute one musician for a new one (who’s playing to the same backing tack of course).

I’m thinking drop the new video in, sync it to the backing track, then copy and paste attributes from the old clip into the new one.

My difficulty is dealing with “disappearances” (would you cal that muted video?). In these musical montages, musicians come in and out of view with their parts (I.e. sax player appears for his solo then disappears again). Normally I would cut the disappeared section but that messes up my wish to copy al the attributes for the whole track in one click.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to mute the video (make both picture and audio go) without cutting a section out?

Blog Entries

Hi Bob,

I'm not a Premiere user, but I'm having difficulty visualising what you are tryng to do.
    I *Think* what you mean by a montage is multiple shots on one screen like the Brady Bunch beginning, am I correct?
    And the attributes you want to copy are to do with the crop/position etc, am I correct?

Presumably you have "n" tracks each with a different image.

So add another track. Add your incoming image to that track and synchronise it.
    Trim it (in length) so it only shows the part you want.
    Cut the video on the track you want to place this one on.
    Copy the attributes from that
    Paste them on the video for the incoming track.
    Delete the old image and move the image from the "new" track.

Having typed this I realise that this doesn't "copy attributes to the whole track in one click".
    I'm unclear what you mean by this but assuming you have lots of clips on one track to which you wish to apply the same attributes, can't you just select all the clips in the track (with click and shift+click) and apply?
    Tim