Thread: 4K documentary "coronavirus pandemic in Sweden" episode 1

Default 4K documentary "coronavirus pandemic in Sweden" episode 1

The film recorded real images of the Swedish capital Stockholm under the coronavirus pandemic. The scenes involved are mainly subway (0:40), government agencies (3:50), cruise terminal (4:20), old town historical district (4:50), central railway station (7:25), Aranda International Airport (8:05) and so on. Through the film, you can see the shock of the empty streets of Stockholm, you can witness the indifference of the Swedish Royal Palace and the Parliament, and you can see that the restaurant has not closed for two world wars. The restaurant that has maintained the world record for the longest continuous business hours is very rare. See the precious shots, let's get into the movie together! The number in parentheses is the approximate time that the scene appears in the movie.

Blog Entries

It doesn't make a particularly interesting film and to be honest I gave up after about 4 minutes, (maybe much shorter sections would help hold the interest) but WELL DONE to the Swedes for staying at home
    Thanks for posting
    Tim

Thank you very much for your message, I will try my best to improve my shooting skills. You are the first to leave a message for me. Nice to meet you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PPFilm View Post
    Thank you very much for your message, I will try my best to improve my shooting skills. You are the first to leave a message for me. Nice to meet you!
    There's nothing wrong with your shooting (OK some stabilization might be nice). It's more a case of how to make a narrative out of lots of shots of empty places.
    Even if one is familar with the locations and seeing them every day fll of the hstle and bustle of life after a few scenes of "wow - isn't that weird" it just becomes more of the same.
    I'm not creative enough to come up with a solution, and certainly not suggesting I could do any better (indeed I suspect my shotys would be considerably worse), but, for me it's interesting for a couple of minutes, maximum. I kept hoping something new would happen - but it didn't.

This is one of the differences betwen film and stills. With stills you could take shots of the different places and the audience can look through them as quickly or as slowly as they wish. With film, you are directing how long the audience sees each image. You need to give them a reason to hand around for the next shot, the shot after than all the way to the end of the film. I don't know how you can do that with a subject such as this.
    Tim

What you said is so good, I will continue to improve my production level, thank you for giving me so many good suggestions, I hope you can guide me more in the future!