Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay safe!

Default Stay safe!

Stay safe out there people! Anxiety levels here are peaking, especially as one of my major outlets (motorsport filming) looks to be off the cards for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll have to revisit my scalextric videos! Anybody else have any filming ideas when we're all in lockdown??!!!

I have been doing mostly photography recently. I'm better at it than video which I don't find too easy. I'm going to try and get stuck into learning and practising. I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediboy View Post
    I have been doing mostly photography recently. I'm better at it than video which I don't find too easy.
    You're not alone there! There's a lot of crossovers, but for me the thing about video is the sheer volume of time required to wade through the footage and continually question what makes the final cut, sequencing and generally telling a story (even if it's just a video of your kids). You don't have that with pictures!

Indeed. There is an awful lot of work with video that you don't get with photography. I do kick myself though for taking the easy option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediboy View Post
    I have been doing mostly photography recently. I'm better at it than video which I don't find too easy. I'm going to try and get stuck into learning and practising. I need to.
    Luckily, I came to France to visit my father 2 months ago and now spending the quarantine time here with him. It was very boring in the beginning because I left all my filming equipment at home and only had my phone with me. However, the weather started to get better here and I decided to discover outside: He has a real estate in Cannes with a very big garden and I noticed that I have a lot of material for photography. I prefer filming actually but seems like it's a great time for discovering my photography skills as well.

Pretty much scraping the barrel here .. actually shot a cookery video and refurbishing a vintage mountain bike footage ...my heart is not in it to edit
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

I was thinking of doing a series on UK songs that made it big in Canada before they made it big in the US - wonderwall is an example but there are many others

This definitely brightened up my day!

https://youtu.be/Nb80imqbwa0

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to enjoy this series. Thanks Zam,
    I'm not sure the I vi IV V7 progression is found in 90% of UK based songs - or any country's for that matter.
    It was perhaps most prevalent in 1950's US American pop.

However you're probably correct that the four chords are used in a very high percentage of pop hits, very often in the order I IV vi V7 as brilliantly demonstrated by "The Axis of Awesome"
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast