Thread: Concert Video Report

Arrow Concert Video Report

Hi guys!
    Here is a new video that I did recently. Happy to be able to share it!
    I would be glad if you watch it and even more glad if you let me know what you think about it!
    Hope someone will like it and also hope that someone will give me usefull critic.

Also did a Behance project of the video. I'll be glad if you take a look at this too!

2. Default

It doesn't sound like a concert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    It doesn't sound like a concert.
    Totally.
    Some interesting angles and I liked the odd splash of colour.
    I've no idea what the performer looks like from this video though and shouldn't that be the point of a video?
    Tim

Well, I think you and the commentator above are right. Thanks! I mean when I was shooting I was thinking only about "what another interesting shot I can find". So now the whole video is not about the concert, but about "pretty angles" and other things that I like and it's kinda bad. It became more about me as an cinematographer and not about the concert or the artist. Also there is not overall vision that could connect the whole video together or show the artist performance as good as posible. At least I had such a good time searching for some shots while the whole thing was going on.

5. Default

It's not a bad video, it just lacks a focus. I wonder what the purpose is. Perhaps it would be an interesting advert if it were followed up by a second one that revealed more about the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    It's not a bad video, it just lacks a focus. I wonder what the purpose is. Perhaps it would be an interesting advert if it were followed up by a second one that revealed more about the artist.
    There's kinda no purpose of the video in some way. Okay. let's be clear! 3 days before the concert I was asked by my mate (he is the artist in this video) if I could shot the concert. So as a young cinematographer I was like "Yea, sure!!" and obviously there was no talk about money or something else. It was kinda spontaneous and it was just an opportunity to do something to create something. So there is no purpose in this sense besides this one that I've just mentioned. And I also don't think that the video is bad! I like it in a way, but I can understand your point and I kinda agree. It would be better if the video had some structure and purpose or tried to show the performance as cool as possible.