Thread: Camera for slow motion video

Default Camera for slow motion video

I'm looking at purchasing a camera/camcorder to film slow motion video. It needs a FPS of at least 400, my budget is around 1800. Any one here have personally experience with a suitable option?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor28 View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing a camera/camcorder to film slow motion video. It needs a FPS of at least 400, my budget is around 1800. Any one here have personally experience with a suitable option?
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    One very important factor you've forgotten to mention is the frame size. Does in need to be 1920x1080? There's loads of options that shoot around 1000FPS at 720P in your budget range. <-- Edit, this isn't really true actually I just did a quick check and resolutions are starting to go weird at the high framerates.
    Also not mentioned are your needs to change lenses on the system although when you mention camcorders I'm going to hazard a guess that's not important to you at all.
    Do you need a narrow angle or a wide angle? (Wide angle will remove all action cameras like the Sony RXO II from the equation).
    The best buying advise can be given if you share your plan e.g. "I want to film a bullet hitting things."(narrow angle) or "I want to film someone doing skateboard tricks in slow motion." (Wide angle)
    We also need to know how close you can get to your subject. If you're going to try to film something happening a long way off your chances on finding something in budget may start to dwindle for example.
    Last edited by Grapes; 02-16-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    The cats are watching us...