Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: made a start

1. Default made a start

I would really like your input and advice on my introduction for my youtube channel as I've said above I've made a start.

also this is a test on loading my video's up to the site

James
    Last edited by James Rugby; 01-29-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Nice idea and a good start.
    I'd suggest you need a bit more fill light as most of the veg (particularly in the early part of the shot) are in shadow.
    Nice smooth camerawork, but for this sort of slow mo you really need to shoot it with a high frame rate otherwise it suffers the stutter we see here. Alternatively something like Twixtor might produce superb results.
    I like the font but I would have liked to see the blur ease in and out much more slowly - it looked a bit uncontrolled - almost like a camera hnting for focus.
    I'm being deliberately picky as this is your channel intro so has to be as good as you can possibly make it.
    Tim

I agree with all of Tim’s points. I’d also add that the font is quite hard to read against the background.

I hate producing introductions. I spend an inordinate amount of time labouring over the detail and am rarely happy with the outcome.

4. Default

I would first like to thank you Tin and Marc for your feed back it is really good advice Marc I quite like the font but I'm open to suggestions.

the footage was shot in 25 fps Tim what frame speed would you recommend for this kind of shot??

Question.
    as far as I can tell if you set the frame rate to 60 fps in DaVinci all other video has to be shot at 60 fps

James

Blog Entries

As far as the font is concerned, if you want to keep it, you could make it stand out a bit more - it doesn't appear to be 100% opaque. You could also add a narrow black border and maybe some drop shadow, but be very careful not to overdo it.
    Alternatively, just increasing the size a bit might do the job.
    Or put a frame around it - eg create a dark rectangle (with rounded edges?) a bit larger than the text, place it between the txt and the image and adjust it's opacity to suit.
    Or similar to above but rather than a colorde rectabgle, use a rectangle of the same image but with blur applied
    etc etc
    Marc does make a good point: the name really needs to stand out - it's what will identify your channel.

The idea with frame rates is to shoot in one rate and play back at another.

So, if your final frame rate (and most of your "standard" shots will be 25fps [note fps here = FRAMES per second, and not FIELDS per second which is relevant of you use interlaced footage] , shoot in a higher rate and force Davinci to play it back at 25fps) For the best results you want to make sure you multiply by the correct amount. For example if you shoot at 50fps and produce your output at 25fps, you will need to play back your 50P footage at exactly half speed.
    If you shoot at 60P for a film which will be 25P you will need to play back at 25/60 = 0.4166..66 which is not really a number that you can get exact.

Look at JayAreTV's DaVinci Tutorial on the subject here: https://jayaretv.com/blogs/lesson/slowmotioninresolve
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by James Rugby View Post
    I quite like the font but I'm open to suggestions.

Itís here where itís hard to read. Any of Timís suggestions would work. For all text I tend to do the following:

- place where I think it look
    - drop the opacity a bit
    - if it canít be read (because itís too dark or light against the background), change the font colour
    - consider moving the text
    - if any of the above doesnít work, add a background colour

Invariably I also add a bit of movement to the very first title - either tracking an object, a slight change in size / spacing, a reveal from an object (using masking) etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I canít see the link to your video!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Invariably I also add a bit of movement to the very first title - either tracking an object, a slight change in size / spacing, a reveal from an object (using masking) etc.
    Ah yes - of course. Any movement, that is movement different to movement already in the frame, will draw the eye. Great point Marc.
    Tim

9. Default

Morningning all

I Have had a second go at the Intro and this is what Ive come up with I do hope you would take the time to view and report any issues you have with the video footage ways to improve it if needed

James

Quote Originally Posted by James Rugby View Post
    Morningning all

I Have had a second go at the Intro and this is what Ive come up with I do hope you would take the time to view and report any issues you have with the video footage ways to improve it if needed

James
    I think Tim has already said this but the blur happens too quickly for my liking. Do you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast