Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: made a start

1. Default

Marc do you mean It come into the start of the footage to early or the transition is to short ?

I have also moved the text to a lower point so you can see it

James

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James Rugby View Post
    Marc do you mean It come into the start of the footage to early or the transition is to short ?
    Speaking for myself, I'd say both are true. If you cahnge an aspect that affects the whole image (like exposure, movement direction/speed, colour, or in this case blur) so very soon after the beginning of the clip, it jumps out at the viewer (and might appear to some people to be a mistake). The suddeness of the transition only makes it even more obvious.

The shot is a lot brighter and more appealing now.
    Tim

3. Default

Thank you for your input yes I brightened the video a lot more So I will change the fade in a lot longer maybe twice as long In and Out.

So I've looked at the footage I videoed on two camera's K70 Pentax and Samsung G7 and the white balance is way way off how do I change in Davinci Resolve Tim you come up with the best links both Mralex and Jtv are brilliant thank you

James

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James Rugby View Post
    the white balance is way way off how do I change in Davinci Resolve Tim you come up with the best links both Mralex and Jtv are brilliant thank you
    Casey Faris is another good one. Here's one on matching two shots which is what you need after you've got one shot right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oq8hPEsXUI I don't think he's got a very good match here, but it's more about the principles than the example.
    You could try this for basic white balance https://www.4kshooters.net/2017/08/1...ci-resolve-14/ but honestly there are tons of tutorials out there. Hre's one from JayAreTV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJjf1A-aONA
    Tim

Time for me to chime in as well. What especially makes the blur sudden is the linear keyframing. You want something exponential so it really eases into the fade. (Starts to blur rapidly then the amount of blur increase decelerates over time until the desired level of blur has been achieved.

Also make sure that you blur the entire screen, your edges are going weird currently when the blur is active. In premiere we have a checkbox to include the edges and I bet Resolve has something similar.
    The cats are watching us...

6. Default

Watching the Casey Faris video now. So far he's confirmed one of my techniques: make one shot look good then match the others to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12